Marshall origin 20c, can it do it all? Does it takes worship music ?

John Ferraz

Reaction score
Hi, guys. Im new in the forum and i've been searching about that amp (Marshall origin 20c). I've found an oportunity to get that amp in an afodable price for me, but i'm not able to test that one. My doubts are about the versatility of the amplifier. I play a lot of worship on my church, i use a lot of clean or crunch chanels, both with delay and reverb. I would like to know if you guys think that i will take advantages of that amp based on my pourpose in view of the oportunity that i have to get that amp for a low price. So im afraid of the lack of clean headrom, or maybe just a little dirt, do you know, i use a lot that and a lot of pedals and dont need an amp that sounds JUST overdrived all the time. (I really like that vintage tone, but i need to know, does it works for my pourpose ??)

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys. Im new in the forum and i've been searching about that amp (Marshall origin 20c). I've found an oportunity to get that amp in an afodable price for me, but i'm not able to test that one. My doubts are about the versatility of the amplifier. I play a lot of worship on my church, i use a lot of clean or crunch chanels, both with delay and reverb. I would like to know if you guys think that i will take advantages of that amp based on my pourpose in view of the oportunity that i have to get that amp for a low price. So im afraid of the lack of clean headrom, or maybe just a little dirt, do you know, i use a lot that and dont need an amp that sounds JUST overdrived all the time.
:welcome:
The Origin20 amps are known for being mostly clean amps that take pedals well.
It only has one channel, and will get crunch tones when pushed hard.
Many people (including myself) have changed tubes, speakers, and sometimes modified the circuitry to make the amps more aggressive.
They also do not have any built in reverb or delay, so you would need pedals for that.
If you can't test it before buying, it's hard to say if it will be the amp that you want for your needs.

tce63

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys. Im new in the forum and i've been searching about that amp (Marshall origin 20c). I've found an oportunity to get that amp in an afodable price for me, but i'm not able to test that one. My doubts are about the versatility of the amplifier. I play a lot of worship on my church, i use a lot of clean or crunch chanels, both with delay and reverb. I would like to know if you guys think that i will take advantages of that amp based on my pourpose in view of the oportunity that i have to get that amp for a low price. So im afraid of the lack of clean headrom, or maybe just a little dirt, do you know, i use a lot that and a lot of pedals and dont need an amp that sounds JUST overdrived all the time. (I really like that vintage tone, but i need to know, does it works for my pourpose ??)

First :welcome: to the forum.

Origin 20c is a great amp, I changed speaker to a 10" Greenback.
Sounds fantastic but MV has to be about 5-6 to sound the best with breakup, you control it with the volume knob of your guitar.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
TO THE FORUM MY FRIEND
The Origin will do what you are asking.
@tce63 said get your crunch with the amp, and your pedals, then clean up with your guitar volume, they are quite loud amps (I have the 50 H’s)
They are predominantly a clean amp, and your pedals will give you the different spices you need.
Cheers
Mitch

Latest posts