Marshall ORI412A Origin cab

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by JDavidAdrihan, Dec 27, 2019.

1. JDavidAdrihan

JDavidAdrihan Member

I've done some searching on here and have not found a great answer to the question; what are the thoughts on this cab? the Origin 4X12 A. I lost out on a deal on a 1960 cab and the only one near me now they want $500 for and it is not in that great of condition. I can get a used origin for $370. I plan on playing at home and want a 4X12 for the "full" sound. I will be using a SC20 and a DSL1watt.

Thanks for any opinions.

John

tce63 likes this.
  2. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

That cabinet is smaller than the "standard" 1960 type. And I believe it's made of particle board.

It's going to sound good, I think, but if you're looking for true classic rock tones, you'll probably want to hold out for a bargain on a good used 1960A/B. I got a B for 300 dollars but it was in kind of rough shape. No worries, I was looking for a fixer upper and I got straight to work on it once I got it.

Check out musicgoround as well as the used gear sections of all the major online music centers. And Reverb, of course. Ebay sometimes has deals, but shipping can be a problem.

tce63 likes this.
  3. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

According to Sweetwater the ORI412A is made from MDF.
    BP

tce63 likes this.
  4. WienerDog

WienerDog Active Member

I recently picked up an ORI412B to use with my Origin 50 head. It's a great looking cab, that's for sure, and with the smaller magnet speakers (G12-60E), it's not too heavy. As for sound, so far I like it. Perhaps the best thing about it is that the speakers are not super efficient, so I can turn up the master volume on the Origin and not get ripping loud too quickly. In fact, with the amp on the "low" power setting, I can play comfortably in front of the cabinet with the master up at 5-6. This is good because the Origin amps really shine with the master set high.

BanditPanda and tce63 like this.