Marshall MR1936 Greenback LTD (now URL works)

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

playloud

Reaction score
Well, it certainly looks the part! Will be plywood, too, I'm assuming (like the current production 1936)?

playloud

Reaction score
I was just on Thomann and I saw they had a "B-stock" version for US$422 (minus tax)...

I snapped it up! Let's see how it turns out.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
this JVM Black Snakeskin? looks interesting, but, IIRC, it's a compact cab...

playloud

Reaction score
this JVM Black Snakeskin? looks interesting, but, IIRC, it's a compact cab...

Yep, only 27" wide (compared to 29" on the 1936).

The one I got is a return in as-new condition apparently. Decided to jump on it as the original ones sold almost immediately after the original post by @BlueX (and it's not hard to see why given the price!)

If it turns out to be a decent cab, I'll have to find another Pulsonic-cone T1281 to go with the one I have.

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just on Thomann and I saw they had a "B-stock" version for US$422 (minus tax)...

I snapped it up! Let's see how it turns out.

I spotted that B-stock too, but decided to build a 1936 with GB's myself instead. Please post pic's once you've got it. Great looking cab, I think, and should sound good too.

playloud

Reaction score
I spotted that B-stock too, but decided to build a 1936 with GB's myself instead. Please post pic's once you've got it. Great looking cab, I think, and should sound good too.

It arrived!

The purple undertones are fairly subtle (as you can see), but they show more in the light. I guess it's kind of like an alternate reality black-on-purple (as opposed to black-on-green) levant.

Thomann ended up charging no sales tax, and I paid ~€100 to get it sent UPS to New Zealand in under a week (faster than many domestic shipments at the moment). Hard to complain!

The "B-stock" aspect amounts to those two marks in the tolex on the sides. I'm sure I'll do more damage the first time I schlepp it to a venue.

Now I just need to find myself another Pulsonic T1281 to pair with the one I have...

BlueX

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

playloud

Reaction score
HNCD, good catch! I understand the hunt is still ongoing, though.

I found purple/black levant tolex that might, or might not, look the same: https://www.etronic-parts.com/Grill...le-Black-Levant-Amplifier-Covering::1098.html

However, I'm not able to identify the grill cloth. Would that be pinstripe, like Bluesbreaker or Origin? Reason for asking is that I might used same/similar tolex and cloth for home-built 1936.

That tolex looks right. It has to be in very good light (e.g. direct sunlight) to look as purple as that though.

Not an expert on grill cloth, but it looks like Marshall's standard Bluesbreaker RI stuff, like so: https://www.ebay.com/itm/112649524441