Marshall Micro Amp MS-2 thru a 4x12

junk notes

Reaction score
Awesome, so for my project , i would just put a 1/4 jack where you have the speaker connected?
No need. The headphone out now becomes the speaker out after the mod., and you would treat it as you would to a cab. The MS-2 is now conveniently your amp head, and no longer the amp combo. Grab 'n go to an open mic, or a friends house that has an extension speaker.

And also i would use a speaker cable not a instrument Cable?
Correct. Good practice, and best to do so.
Although, at one watt I am unsure of any damage that would occur to the amp running at 9 volts, so you probably could use an instrument cable in this scenario if necessary, I guess.
The micro amps circuit can handle 0-12 volts as I power these up with a variable transformer, like a variac acquiring different distortion tones and saturation. YMMV
There is also master volume mods, which I did for one application. That would require a potentiometer and two wires off a resistor.
how do i wire the output from the MS-2 headphone jack, (which is i gather how you did it ?)

After a simple unscrewing of the board, here is the easiest conversion:

(@glina)
JCvYe2d.jpg

(@glina)
Kf-F8-LZY-1.jpg

The headphone out is TRS, so once you insert into the headphone jack pull it back one notch for it to function as a TS speaker out.
*Once this is done you cannot use the headphone out with headphones!

Happy modding!
:cheers:

Markfresh

Reaction score
Oh i got it now, for some reason i thought the pics of glina's mod it was a different speaker for eg a 1x12, but i now see that this is the original.
Silly me haha.

Thanks again for taking the ime out to help.

Looking online to buy one :p

David563

Reaction score
Try this for a start. The headphone jack is an output with a resistor to prevent blowing up headphones. If you remove it, don't use headphones.

xtpps://guitar-dreamer.blogspot.com/2014/03/marshall-ms-2-ms-4-ultra-gain-mod.html

Not allowed links. replace x with h

dajeroen

Reaction score
You can try a Smokey amp. Uses a LM386 opamp. And is has a speaker out ;)

Attachments

• zinky-recycled-cigarette-pack-smokey-amp-2.jpg
    zinky-recycled-cigarette-pack-smokey-amp-2.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts