Marshall Mg30fx power on but no sound, help!!

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Naipe139, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Naipe139

Naipe139 New Member

Hi everybody, Im New here so this is what happened...
    Inside my marshall Mg30fx the IC tda 2050 was bad because I tested and even in the speaker the multimeter show me 21 volts! So I changed the tda2050 for a New one and now in the speaker wires the voltage was 3 or 4 volts, so I check the transistor J111 and it was short circuited too, I changed it for a New one too and now the voltage in the speaker wires is 0 volts, thats COOL but, there is still no sound , I put the aux wire whit my phone or the guitar and there is no sound, also, a couple of resistors start to heat, is a couple actually 220 ohms I remember, is this normal,? Please help mee Im going craaazyyyyy :)

One more thing, before I change the transistor and the IC when I touch the máster volume nothing happened, but now with the New ones sounds a little scratch, I dont want to power it because it cost me a lot of work search the IC and the transistor and changed them.

2. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

I am sorry for your bad luck with your amp brother, I am not a tech, and can’t help you but I can welcome you to the Marshall forum, be patient, others with far more knowledge than I will be along to help you get it figured out!
    Cheers Mitch

Naipe139 likes this.
  3. BowerR64

BowerR64 Well-Known Member

Ive had 3 with issues like this (not all 3 watt amps) and its always been the headphone jack not completing the circuit to the speaker. Spray into the jack (with de-oxit) and push in a maple jack a few times twisting it around and its good.

Mitchell Pearrow and Naipe139 like this.
  4. Naipe139

Naipe139 New Member

Thanks bro, I really apreciate your welcome or any coment, I will try that and tell you whats up, cheers mate :band::dude::cheers:

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  5. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

Good luck brother, I hope that can give the amp it’s life back, the only problem I had with mine was that the OD channel quit working, and I never bothered to fix it!
    Cheers Mitch