Marshall Master Lead Combo circa 1975(?) 50 watt(?)

Davie Bennett

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I know this amp may be slightly out this forums scope but I thought here might be as good a place to start as any. I have the above noted Marshall Combo and I reckon it's at least 45 years old as my mum bought it for me in my teens (a long time ago). It has a serial number A13496 and I'm looking for a bit of advice on this. It's in working order and not sure what to do with it as it takes up a lot of room and I'm thinking about selling it. However, it has a lot of sentimental value to me even though I haven't used it for a while, and I was also wondering if anyone could put an approximate age and value on this. Any advice or interest is welcome. I'm in Scotland if that helps. I also forgot to mention it still has the original cover too and, for it's age, is in really good condition. Thanks for any advice, much appreciated. Marshall Master Lead Combo - Copy 5.jpg

Last edited:

AndyD

Reaction score
I Believe they are early transistor amps made in the 1970s. 30watts maybe. Not worth much I'm afraid but i believe Jake Burns used one.

Davie Bennett

Reaction score
Thanks, Andy, I've been doing a bit of digging and you're right, it is 30watts and there seems to be a fair number of them still around. As I said, the only reason I'd consider selling is because of the room it takes up in an already full house but I've enjoyed playing various guitars through it recently and, as it has sentimental value, I think it's a keeper at least for now. :band: