Marshall Jubilee 2554

Thebigt71

Reaction score
Someone has been trying to sell a Marshall 2554 Jubilee on CL in Los Angeles for well over 1.5 months. Can anyone give some background or information on this jubilee model? From what I can tell it is a 50 watt combo with (1) 12 inch speaker. Why do you all believe nobody is biting on it? The price has even been reduced by $200 in the last week and they are throwing in a 2x12 cab with vintage 30's for free. Here's the linK

Marshall (BLK TOLEX) Jubilee 2554 25/50 1X12 combo amp

Thanks for the help.

T

gtrman

Reaction score
I have one and it's a great amp but $1100 sounds like too much for this one.
That's why nobody is biting ... I got mine for half that a few years ago.

Madaxeman

Reaction score
I agree that's a lot of cash for a 2554, particularly a black tolex one. But they are great amps.

It is a 1x12 50/25 Watt amp.
Same as every other 50 watt jube but has a resistor instead of a choke. This makes it a little bit less dynamic than the others. I use mine regularly for smaller gigs and it sounds great and has never let me down.

Nicely portable Jubilee, same warm fat thick heavy bluesy tones on tap.

Luvverly Joobly

Reaction score
I have a silver one in very good condition that cost about the equivilent in pound sterling i.e £750. I only got it as a small venue (as in no floor space) back up and I love it. More than loud enough and all in a compact package. I spoke to Jim Marshall several years ago at a music show who confirmed that his favorite amp was the Silver Jubilee, and his favorite model was the 2554. I didn't have one then but that was good enough for me!

Thebigt71

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and information. I am going to check it out today and see how it plays.

Can I convert this combo to a head? Thanks.

TT

Madaxeman

Reaction score
I've seen one converted to head. The guy used a small plexi style shell.
Apparently he bought the 2554 with no box for very little money. He had the headshell custom built then sold it on the bay. It did look nice though.

There were matching extension cabs made for the 2554 that were similar to the 1912s.
My local guitar shop had a 2554 for sale with matching cab a while back. Nice little rig.

timkelly

Reaction score
most musicians are poor........
your amp when i bought mine in canada (1987) was list price $ 2800.00
Most sat for a long time as people could not afford them most sold for $1500.00
Good luck on your sales.
I am thinking about selling mine only it was signed by Jim Marshall.
He told me at that time he had a personal hand in designing this amp
where most is designed by the company designers..

i had other marshalls up against mine and the other people were quite taken back(there Marshalls could not keep up)