Carlos G

Reaction score
I just found a JMP1c for 580 dlls, which I think was a very good price, so I just went and bought it without ever having listening to one. Still haven't received it yet, but I would love if you could share your thoughts or experience with them. I also found out that they come in 8" and 10" speaker size, unlike other 1 watters of the collection. Anybody knows why is that, or if there's a significant change in sound between them? Any comments will be appreciated.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
not too many w/ experience, as they only made 1200 +/-...

here's an article.:

I think that @Biff Maloy has the head, IIRC...

El Gringo

Reaction score
I just found a JMP1c for 580 dlls, which I think was a very good price, so I just went and bought it without ever having listening to one. Still haven't received it yet, but I would love if you could share your thoughts or experience with them. I also found out that they come in 8" and 10" speaker size, unlike other 1 watters of the collection. Anybody knows why is that, or if there's a significant change in sound between them? Any comments will be appreciated.
I remember this amp and think it would be a perfect for my bedroom . I bet this amp sounds pretty good . That price is really good as well .

Biff Maloy

Reaction score

here's an article.:

Dogs is correct!! I have all of the 50ths. 6 of them. Ive had them 10 years now. My JMP1C and JTM1C, i use together as a wet/dry. These are my go to for NMV home playing. The volume they put out together is good for the size room I have.

JMP1C is a touch mid forward sounding. I think the stock G10N-40 speaker is fine and I've gone back to it several times. I've tried a G10 Greenback (more mids). G10 Gold. I liked it but only having one it stays in the JTM1C. Sounds really good there. A Vintage 10 wasn't bad either. But, I've never really put the thought of another speaker to bed so periodically I go back to the G10N-40 and just go with it. It's the only one of the 10" models, JCM1C also comes as a 10, that didn't come stock with a G10F-15 so at least some thought was put into it.

I combine the 2 because each compliments the other very well. JMP for top end, breaks up quicker and JTM for a rounded bottom and cleaner tone. JMP1C has a gain boost function that is handy for more drive and harmonics.

You mentioned 8". Only the DSL1C and JVM1C come with 8s. In stock form they're an absolute joke. Once you plug one into a 12 or 2 or 4 or even just a single 10 it is so different it is puzzling why they made them like that because they're good sounding little amps also. I've had the chassis removed from both and racked in a rack case for years. The 10s are fine in the other 3. For being so small I'm good with them. But, they all sound much better into a bigger speaker and cabinet.

Sounds like you got a great deal. Maybe you will like it. I love my set. These days so many spend a lot of time and money trying to use a higher powered tube amp at home. I'm in the minority I guess in my thoughts are to just get an amp low powered enough to fit your needs. Even these and especially running 2 cranked is plenty loud enough for me. It feels good under my fingers. I can get the cool feedback at volume. All that shit.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
My home rig. Pedalboard was when I recently was going just stereo into them. I fiddle around a lot so it's never neat or necessarily permanent. I've got plenty of years stringing. Everybody has different thoughts on what sounds good but if any of you plugged into this and stuck your nose up I may not say anything but I'd have a hard time wondering what was wrong with you. I've applied this same thought to the Studios but they're stored at the moment.

29934.jpeg

Carlos G

Reaction score

here's an article.:

You got a point there about not too many with the experience 😆 Thanks very much for the article, very interesting!

Carlos G

Reaction score
Dogs is correct!! I have all of the 50ths. 6 of them. Ive had them 10 years now. My JMP1C and JTM1C, i use together as a wet/dry. These are my go to for NMV home playing. The volume they put out together is good for the size room I have.

JMP1C is a touch mid forward sounding. I think the stock G10N-40 speaker is fine and I've gone back to it several times. I've tried a G10 Greenback (more mids). G10 Gold. I liked it but only having one it stays in the JTM1C. Sounds really good there. A Vintage 10 wasn't bad either. But, I've never really put the thought of another speaker to bed so periodically I go back to the G10N-40 and just go with it. It's the only one of the 10" models, JCM1C also comes as a 10, that didn't come stock with a G10F-15 so at least some thought was put into it.

I combine the 2 because each compliments the other very well. JMP for top end, breaks up quicker and JTM for a rounded bottom and cleaner tone. JMP1C has a gain boost function that is handy for more drive and harmonics.

You mentioned 8". Only the DSL1C and JVM1C come with 8s. In stock form they're an absolute joke. Once you plug one into a 12 or 2 or 4 or even just a single 10 it is so different it is puzzling why they made them like that because they're good sounding little amps also. I've had the chassis removed from both and racked in a rack case for years. The 10s are fine in the other 3. For being so small I'm good with them. But, they all sound much better into a bigger speaker and cabinet.

Sounds like you got a great deal. Maybe you will like it. I love my set. These days so many spend a lot of time and money trying to use a higher powered tube amp at home. I'm in the minority I guess in my thoughts are to just get an amp low powered enough to fit your needs. Even these and especially running 2 cranked is plenty loud enough for me. It feels good under my fingers. I can get the cool feedback at volume. All that shit.
That's an awesome collection you got there! I really enjoyed reading your experience with the amp and it's great to hear your comments about the speakers, it will help me thru the itch of swapping, I kind of had maybe a greenback in mind but now I'm shure it will be alright the way it is. It's also great to hear they only come in 10" because having the 8" was making me feel kind of uncomfortable. Thanks very much for all your insight!

Carlos G

Reaction score
My home rig. Pedalboard was when I recently was going just stereo into them. I fiddle around a lot so it's never neat or necessarily permanent. I've got plenty of years stringing. Everybody has different thoughts on what sounds good but if any of you plugged into this and stuck your nose up I may not say anything but I'd have a hard time wondering what was wrong with you. I've applied this same thought to the Studios but they're stored at the moment.

View attachment 102178
Wow!! This is a killer home rig! The idea of combining the too sounds so right! I bet it can also work very well for some gigs once you miked them. Congratulations!

V-man

Reaction score
I had the 1-H. I believe the 1-C is the rarest of all by production numbers. The cab users were not impressed but found a very different experience through 12” speakers- preferrably a quad.

It is a good sounding amp with a lot of gain on tap. I sold mine for a pre-covid premium around ‘18.

The good:
- Great sound
- Easy to interface w other amps/recording gear for versatile applications
- small and light (2 fit perfectly on a standard headshell cab)
- Gain options gave hot plexi to hot rodded marshall
- 0.1w was fairly usable in very quiet applications

The bad:
- low to no headroom. Literal one, maybe 1.5 trick pony
- 1w mode is near useless… Way too loud to be quiet, way too quiet for drums
- Not true to scale, looks off (JMPs look ok, JCMs look completely stupid)
- too small to flush fit 12” cab… 10” speaker sucks
- 3 Stupid knobs: Zero excuse when modern 1-Cs 1-Hs had full controls

It was a fun novelty with some great applications, but it’s half-baked and only does/approximates half of what a SLP can do with half the damned controls. I would have liked to have kept mine but Marshall shit all over its legacy offering these “rare anniversary editions” im 2-3 additional JTM configurations, and just making the DSL-1 a regular production item. Today, they make little practical sense when a SV can be had for the same amount.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
Wow!! This is a killer home rig! The idea of combining the too sounds so right! I bet it can also work very well for some gigs once you miked them. Congratulations!

When i bought them I had no idea that I'd actually end up using them live but I did. Perfect situation presented itself with a band needing some lead guitar. They relied heavily on a very nice PA system and the drummer played an electronic set. Lack of stage volume was weird at first but the amps fit them perfectly. One watt yeah but i got to audition each one. Different speaker and pedal combinations. Different guitars. Of course a 1x12 at minimum. I ended up using the DSL1 and my Flying V with the JVM1 as backup. They wanted my sound gained up. Ran it into a Vintage 30. Sennheiser E906 mic. Fun as hell.

El Gringo

Reaction score

View attachment 102178
I like your set up and it looks like I would rock it . I don't know why some would not , as to me it looks like you got all your bases covered . What is on top of the amps ?

El Gringo

Reaction score
Please do a review after you play your JMP1c . I can't wait to hear your impressions .

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I bought the JMP1-H (it's in my avatar pic on top of a custom made 1x12 cab I had made). It is fine for home use, but I found it a bit lacking in bottom end and I'm not someone who is usually that bothered (I play an SC20c at gigs these days and it only has a 10" speaker in it). I ended up with the SV20H and an attenuator, so I can play that at home, but it's more useful than the 1 watt if I take it out to play.

I'm supposed to be up in my loft now getting it down and some other stuff, so I can photograph it and get it advertised, so thanks for the reminder. :)

Mini Stack & Strat.jpg

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
I like your set up and it looks like I would rock it . I don't know why some would not , as to me it looks like you got all your bases covered . What is on top of the amps ?

Furman power supply and a rack drawer. The rack drawer comes in handy for when I'm using an amp with an effects loop. Short cable run. My Hall of Fame Reverb and Flashback X4 Delay are MIDI and Expression Pedal capable so i control them remotely.

I've gone back to using my MXR Echoplex and Preamp into the JTM and a Hall of Fame Reverb into the JMP. Still the Wah, Tube Driver and EP Boost.

I don't pile on a bunch of pedals. Good thing is whatever I'm using works very well into my SV20H and 2525H and 2x12s. I can use those about any time I want and I do get them out but I bought them for playing out.

I bought the JMP1-H (it's in my avatar pic on top of a custom made 1x12 cab I had made). It is fine for home use, but I found it a bit lacking in bottom end and I'm not someone who is usually that bothered (I play an SC20c at gigs these days and it only has a 10" speaker in it). I ended up with the SV20H and an attenuator, so I can play that at home, but it's more useful than the 1 watt if I take it out to play.

I'm supposed to be up in my loft now getting it down and some other stuff, so I can photograph it and get it advertised, so thanks for the reminder. :)

View attachment 102216

Let us know when you post it for sale.

Bottom end and depth is exactly why I run 2. But, I do the same thing with the Studios. I've played dual amp rigs before but it had been a while. Now, i just about can't not do it.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Furman power supply and a rack drawer. The rack drawer comes in handy for when I'm using an amp with an effects loop. Short cable run. My Hall of Fame Reverb and Flashback X4 Delay are MIDI and Expression Pedal capable so i control them remotely.

I've gone back to using my MXR Echoplex and Preamp into the JTM and a Hall of Fame Reverb into the JMP. Still the Wah, Tube Driver and EP Boost.

I don't pile on a bunch of pedals. Good thing is whatever I'm using works very well into my SV20H and 2525H and 2x12s. I can use those about any time I want and I do get them out but I bought them for playing out.

Let us know when you post it for sale.

Bottom end and depth is exactly why I run 2. But, I do the same thing with the Studios. I've played dual amp rigs before but it had been a while. Now, i just about can't not do it.
Great set up as I love it as I feel you have everything you need right there and it is neat and tidy as well !

Latest posts