Marshall Jmp1 Preamp/tc G Major Effects Levels

ceremony5150

Reaction score
I am running my TC Gmajor into the loop of my JMP1. I have the TC G Major set on Kill dry.

I noticed that some of the patches on the G Major sound great, and some are barely audible.

Is there a setting on the G Major I am missing?

SonVolt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you using the JMP's loop? You may can avoid the parallel loop (yuck) altogether by setting the G Major back to series (Turn Kill Dry off) and go JMP1 Out -> GMajor -> PowerAmp.

I found this on Voodoo Labs website regarding the JMP-1 which reaffirms my suggestion.

• In our honest opinion; The effect loop on the Marshall JMP-1 is less than ideal. For the best results we recommend the following; Go out of your JMP-1 Main Output ---> Into your effects ---> Into your power amp.

Running it this way will get around the issues with running effects in a Parallel loop. Even TC doesn't seem to think it's a great idea and strongly urges you to use a serial loop.

you should be aware that the idea of
a parallel loop can be compared to the signal
path of a mixer. The signal is split, - one part
runs unprocessed to out and never passes the
effects processor. The other part is processed
through the G•Major and summed with the
unprocessed signal.
Therefore you will not get full benefit from all
effects when running a parallel setup. This goes
especially for level based effects such as
Tremolo and Panner but also Chorus/Flanger/
Phaser/Vibrato and Pitch will be affected.

Last edited:

mulletmule

Reaction score
Are you using the JMP's loop? You may can avoid the parallel loop (yuck) altogether by setting the G Major back to series (Turn Kill Dry off) and go JMP1 Out -> GMajor -> PowerAmp.

I found this on Voodoo Labs website regarding the JMP-1 which reaffirms my suggestion.

Running it this way will get around the issues with running effects in a Parallel loop. Even TC doesn't seem to think it's a great idea and strongly urges you to use a serial loop.
+1 this is how I rum mine into a G Magor 2 and or my pedalboard. Works well

royslead

Reaction score
I am running my TC Gmajor into the loop of my JMP1. I have the TC G Major set on Kill dry.

I noticed that some of the patches on the G Major sound great, and some are barely audible.

Is there a setting on the G Major I am missing?

You may have to edit the output levels in the G Major patches. Some patches may be set to 0db and others could be at -6db (kind of a default setting in several patches). Don't forget about the input/output level knobbs on the front to the left of the display on the G Major.

Last edited:

Just Mike

Reaction score
I use the JMP-1 with pedals (Boss DD3, Dan-O Chorus) in it's loop and they sound fine. Just make sure the effect level is Max'd. (12 I think?). I prefer the loop method over the series method because your effect level is NOT controlled by your patch output level. Different strokes for different folks.

Latest posts