Marshall DSL20c nightmare

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by Utopia80, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Neil Skene

Neil Skene Well-Known Member

Bad luck with the Marshall but theres always tomorrow (until you're dead of course) Some Australian retailers have become quiet dishonest over the last few years and seem to be getting away with this type of thing more often. I went through hell with Cole Clarke in Melbourne and wasted a lot of time and money only to loose and still have to keep the third warranty guitar that was still not up to scratch. I try only to buy with PayPal now as when there is a legit problem you just send it back, PayPal kicks them in the ass if they won't issue the refund. So from now on it's "No PayPal No sale"

Mitchell Pearrow and tce63 like this.
  2. Georgiatec

Georgiatec Well-Known Member VIP Member

Looking for something I don't remember what.
    If you paid for a brand new amp and it turns up in a battered drum box, they have supplied a used amp and haven't supplied as described and will be in breach of trades description laws in most countries.
    Do you know for sure they didn't send the original "drum box" amp back to you, masquerading as a different amp?
    I would contact your trades description people, because sending out faulty goods, then charging a $180 re-stocking fee is fraud, plain and simple....no matter what they put in their "terms and conditions"....your statutory rights will be unaffected.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Mitchell Pearrow, scozz and tce63 like this.
  3. scott-colorado2016

scott-colorado2016 Well-Known Member

That's cool, supply and demand with a little tariff thrown in for good measure. I think I've seen (heard) Shane of InTheBlues YouTube demo that amp... Really nice sounding amp if memory serves, with a great price. If that amp follows it namesake (tweed), that is the origins of the "Marshall sound" so, with a little goosing, could get quite close to the classic 1959 or 2203 kinda sound. It's a little loose on the bass end, but the right pedal will tighten that bottom like a year of cardio and diet! Awesome.

That retailer who sold you the Marshall needs to be taken down a notch or two, defective gear should not require a restocking fee... ever! I understand you not wanting to make any waves by naming them.

4. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

Marshall are an honest and honourable company. They have spent many years getting and upholding this reputation. They want stories like this even less than you do. You ought to be telling them as much as us.

SkyMonkey, tce63, Utopia80 and 3 others like this.
  5. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

As PP said, call Marshall and tell them about this. They may even give you a discount on a Marshall purchase. Although I don’t care for that amp, I’m sure you got a couple bad amps. If you have any company there like Sweetwater or Zzounds use them. They will usually match any price and it’s easy to send stuff back.
    Welcome to the forum!

tce63, Utopia80 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  6. Utopia80

Utopia80 New Member

It was a different amp I got as replacement as I recorded the serial number of the first amp and submitted a report to Marshall about the problem early on. Never heard anything back though.

SkyMonkey, Georgiatec and tce63 like this.
  7. Musicmaniac

Musicmaniac Well-Known Member

That's too bad about the DSL20H. Mine was an early one and was factory fixed and it's been great ever since.

8. muskogeee

muskogeee New Member

I wish I had found this forum before purchasing my DSL20CR a couple weeks ago. I just relied on watching a ton of YouTube videos and not a single one of them mentioned the hissing. Probably all on Marshall's payroll. I've got a DLS5CR on the way instead which, to be honest, is probably all the power I need.

SkyMonkey likes this.
  9. Sir Don

Sir Don Well-Known Member

5 tube watts is pretty loud.