Marshall cabinets made in China.

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by giblesp, Aug 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick16v

rick16v Well-Known Member

I won't buy chinese. Apart from my phone, laptop, car, and everything else that is full of chinese components. And also chinese food, which is delicious.

And my Chinese Fender Jaguar which is a really good guitar. Although I upgraded everything apart from the neck and body.

DaDoc likes this.
  2. bblooz

bblooz Member

That's why both my cabs are from the '80s: 1936 2x12 and 1965A 4x10. Made in UK, including the Ceelstion speakers.

FogDweller and IOSEPHVS like this.
  3. tWreCK

tWreCK New Member

I was registered under another nick and email for a long time before. I just felt it important to the discussion to see it from another perspective - not just from a pro american angle. After all, this is an international forum is it not?

4. Relic61

Relic61 Well-Known Member

Fook Mi & Fook Yu

China is out to dominate & take over whatever it can get away with dominating & taking over. From man made islands in the South Chine Sea to the production of most of the worlds antibiotics to making our instruments & amplifiers, they got us good.
    They are also good at using things like this to threaten & coerce people & nations to conforming to China's will. 'Tow the line & do what we say or.. no antibiotic for you American Capitalist Pig!'

Sure, we're hip to the game but is it too late? & who is actually doing anything to stop & reverse all this?

Fook Mi

candou2, houseofrock and DaDoc like this.
  5. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

WOW! :wow:

Damned nice job! :cool: :thumbs:

That would be the route I would go if I didn't already have several old cabs..I might go for a 1936-style cab anyhoo, that would be a fun project! :D

6. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Nobody, really. We're hearing some talk about it because of this "particular year"..But one problem here in the states is that the people who might make an effort to turn things around are having to deal with a constant shitstorm from the left that won't let up, and basically are stymied because of that.

But one thing's fer sure, if the leftists/globalists get in they're not gonna do anything except kiss red azz and line their pockets with $$ they're making off their interests over there!

candou2, houseofrock and Relic61 like this.
  7. Norfolk Martin

Norfolk Martin Member

My apologies, I didn’t see that you had already corrected the statement.

The story did originally come for Fox, and it was placed there by none other than Henry J of Gibson. Henry got caught doing some illegal importing, and thought he could dodge the consequences by trying to make the raid a political issue.

To me, the problem goes back long before “globalization” became much of an issue. It started in the post war Chicago school of Economics, where a group of influential economics/business professors theorized that the sole duty of a company and its management was to “increase stockholder value.” This became standard in the business schools by the late 60s. Pursuant to that narrow aim, anyone who pays 1c more for labor than they have to is not managing the company properly.

The next revolution was container shipping, which reduced shipping rates globally by 75% in real terms. This is what first made it possible to manufacture goods in poorer low wage countries and have them STILL be cheaper than locally made stuff after you had shipped them half way across the world.

Put these two together and “globalization” is inevitable unless political decisions are made to restrict it.

China is remarkable because I think this is the first time in history that a superpower has entirely financed the rise of Its competitor ,and endangered the western model of civilization, just so its investors were happy, and it could have cheaper nick-nacks!

DaDoc likes this.
  8. dragonvalve

dragonvalve Well-Known Member

Globalism is a movement that was started in the mid 20th century. And it has much to do with 2020 as the peak of their take over of the planet.

So as far as "respect their own" goes, many company owners were brainwashed or threatened to go along with the new status quo either by environmental laws, or tax issues.

Notice we now have a "health issue" calling the shots.

As mentioned if you want made in UK then look for those on the used market.

Not that China is not able to build as good, it all depends on the company's policy for quality vs profit.
    Those workers in Asia are told what to do and follow what the company owners want.

Granted there has been some experimenting with finding outsourced groups that will build in good enough quality and where to source parts, the quality of those parts close to the new factories among the amp makers but that was a decade or so and much has changed today.

Soon the jump to computer run amps with software will pervade even the tried and true vintage stalwarts.

A buyer needs to know about what they are buying and keep up on the construction side as well as world economic politics to come to a desired choice.

Otherwise one gets pulled by the tide of ignorance suffering the predictable WTF head scratch.:wtf:

DaDoc likes this.
  9. dragonvalve

Hate to burst the proverbial bubble but both left and right were already bought off decades ago.

Granted if the left gets in it will be a steeper and faster slide into Hades.

They're already making moves that if you're perceived as having a cough, runny nose or sore throat, it will be off to a jail cell in a FEMA camp near you.

[​IMG]

We're lucky so far the internet is still "free" but soon that will collapse and you won't be able to log onto anything if you don't first get a vaccine laced with hydrogel and luciferase.

:spock:

DaDoc likes this.
  10. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Along with a microchip.

11. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

In any case the law which was passed to help protect our precious rainforests from being exterminated was and is being used as an excuse for overreach by certain agencies..If one has a guitar with a Brazilian rosewood fretboard and take it out of country, they might get it confiscated by customs upon their return, even if it was built in the 50's or 60's..They have discovered that vintage gear is worth stupid money these days and they can help fund themselves with the proceeds from "seized assets".

12. dragonvalve

The hydrogel IS the chip... The luciferase is a bio-luminescent agent that will sit under the skin that humans can't see but your smart phone's camera will pick up the frequency. The same way only your cel camera can see infrared but you can't.

The other thing added is an MRNA (message RNA) component that will recode your DNA.

[​IMG]

DaDoc likes this.
  13. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

My apologies. :rolleyes:

I'm just a guitar player, not a scientist..Nor do I play one on TV! :lol:

Handy bit of info to have though!

candou2 likes this.
  14. dragonvalve

You're talking about CITES. That is the first "covid" process to get everyone on board with "protecting wood species." But the real thrust for CITES was to go after guns that would have wood grips and handles and even included the Fish and Wild Life department to go after "ivory" on violin bows because guns also sport ivory grips.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :shock:

DaDoc likes this.
  15. dragonvalve

These days you need to be more than a guitar player. The info is out there. Just need to plug into that as well as your Marshall.

:shred2:

DaDoc likes this.
  16. Norfolk Martin

Norfolk Martin Member

That was a problem with the CITES treaty that been dealt with, and is no longer a problem.

https://www.npr.org/2019/08/27/7545...ly,musical instruments exemption on Wednesday.

DaDoc likes this.
  17. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Exactly right!

But then it was extended to anything with "banned parts"..Rosewood on musical instruments, ivory nuts, ect.

18. Dmann

Dmann Well-Known Member

Everytime "China" is in a thread, this shit happens.... everytime lol.

Pto tips
    1. Always look at used market 1st, especially with cabs. Save yourself tons of $$. I like to inquire to Backline suppliers, they usually sell off well used gear annually. Same goes for speakers... tons of tone chasers out there whom love nothing more than swapping gear of all kinds.

Other option is to buy the speakers you want, individually, brand new, there are a few shops online, I use qcomponents.ca for example. This can be pricy but it guarantees no OEM or "made for" and the satisfaction knowing.

DaDoc, Dogs of Doom and dragonvalve like this.
  19. Dogs of Doom

Dogs of Doom Moderator Staff Member

:locked::locked::locked:...

yep, off the rails...

StingRay85 and dragonvalve like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.