Made an "interesting" discovery tonight

PowerTube44

Reaction score
I may be in the minority, but I like the G12-T75's also. I have one cab with all four G12-T75's and one with two G12-T75's and two Marshall Vintage. Love them both!
Years ago I had a Line 6 Vetta rig, and under the speaker emulation, the G12-T75 was my least favorite. They sounded very scooped and dark. That was an emulation and a lot of emulations are nowhere near the real thing, but still, I expected to not like the T75's.

But I certainly do like them. I watched some comparison videos last night. I know you can't always trust videos, but to my ear, the Greenbacks just sounded a bit brighter and with a little more midrange punch, something I can accomplish with EQ on the T-75's.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
actually, it's the 16 ohm jack that is problematic...

easy fix...

hopefully this works (starts at 28:28 to about 31:05)

On mine, it happened to be the secondary 8-ohm jack. BUT... I suspect that someone had yanked a speaker wire to the side at one point, because the first time I re-soldered it, it was practically bobbing around on the board.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
the 16 ohm jack, if faulty, will disconnect the ground, to the 4 & 8 ohm jacks, so, if it's problematic, the 4/8 ohm jacks will be faulty. Just as the video shows...

even though the 16 ohm is the problem, the 16 ohm will always work ok, you run risk of blowing things, when running 4/8 ohm jacks...

PowerTube44

Reaction score
the 16 ohm jack, if faulty, will disconnect the ground, to the 4 & 8 ohm jacks, so, if it's problematic, the 4/8 ohm jacks will be faulty. Just as the video shows...

even though the 16 ohm is the problem, the 16 ohm will always work ok, you run risk of blowing things, when running 4/8 ohm jacks...
I see. Yeah, that makes sense. Now that I know that it sounds better with just the 1960A alone, I doubt I'll be using the 8-ohm jacks again.

:)

Latest posts