Looking for preamp tube shields for a JCM 800 2210 from 1988

d3vCr0w

Reaction score
Hi fellow Marshall owners, hope y'all doing great. I'm looking for preamp tube shields for my JCM 800 2210 from 1988 (Serial W) but I'm a bit confused about which ones would work, I tried the Belton preamp tube shields from a Jet City Custom 22 but these don't fit the 800's sockets, I also tried the unbranded preamp tube shields from an Orange Jim Root Terror but the don't fit either. I though that was standard but I realize it isn't.

I looked at this ones: https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/tube-shield-9-pin-miniature-aluminum-multiple-colors but since it doesn't specify compatible models, I asked them and their reply was that they can't ensure the shields would fit any particular amp, they gave me the measurements though (see the attached image)

Does anybody know the exact preamp socket measurements for the 2210 JCM 800 or where to purchase shields that will fit?

Thanks beforehand.

Attachments

• pss9325.PNG
    pss9325.PNG
    16.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Jon Snell

Reaction score
The B9A base with shield clips are all the same. A choice of colours if you purchase from China but mostly shiny steel or black is the general choice.
Hope that helps

d3vCr0w

Reaction score
I contacted Marshall directly and they said that there's no stock for these shields/covers in USA (I also contacted Sweetwater, GuitarCenter and no luck)
I even purchased some sockets from eBay which appeared to be the right ones but these were shorter than the ones needed for a 12AX7 tubes.

I took some photos and measurements (at least an attempt):

If anyone finds a listing (could be Reverb, eBay or Amazon), that'd help me out. Thanks.

Jon Snell

Reaction score

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Where did you buy the amp? Store or
from some guy?

If bought from some guy he might still have
the covers laying around somewhere in a drawer?

d3vCr0w

Reaction score
These are the ones I purchased, fortunately the seller allowed the order's cancellation.

s-l1600.jpeg

That is indeed my amp, and that cable you see is not an instrument cable, is a speaker cable I built myself with proper wire, it's just the angle, what you see is one side of the cable, there's another one behind as thick as the one you see.

Thanks for the links, I'll try to find something similar in USA.

d3vCr0w

Reaction score
Where did you buy the amp? Store or
from some guy?

If bought from some guy he might still have
the covers laying around somewhere in a drawer?
I got the amp from a guy, but unfortunately he no longer has the covers, I asked him when I was purchasing the amp.