Lollar Blackface

mark123

Reaction score
I have a MIM Fender Deluxe Players Strat and the Fender Vintage noiseless pickups are straight up garbage. They’re ok (just barely ok) in position 2 & 4 but the rest is just a hot mess.

So I stuck some Lollar Blackface pickups in it. Let me just say that this is a major upgrade. It makes me want to actually play my Strat. It may be my favorite guitar now.

I also have a Gibson Les Paul with Lollar P90s, they’re also amazing. I’m a Lollar evangelist now.

I got a set of El Rayos, a Gold Foil and a Royal T ready to try in something. Maybe my Charvel Surfcaster. (Yeah, I dumped about $1200 on pickups LOL)

Get some Lollars. This is my recommendation.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
I have a MIM Fender Deluxe Players Strat and the Fender Vintage noiseless pickups are straight up garbage. They’re ok (just barely ok) in position 2 & 4 but the rest is just a hot mess.

So I stuck some Lollar Blackface pickups in it. Let me just say that this is a major upgrade. It makes me want to actually play my Strat. It may be my favorite guitar now.

I also have a Gibson Les Paul with Lollar P90s, they’re also amazing. I’m a Lollar evangelist now.

I got a set of El Rayos, a Gold Foil and a Royal T ready to try in something. Maybe my Charvel Surfcaster. (Yeah, I dumped about $1200 on pickups LOL)

Get some Lollars. This is my recommendation.
Jason makes killer stuff, and not just pickups. He is also a luthier. I first met him when I attended Roberto Venn School of Luthiery where he taught a winding course - he's also an alumni. I had occasion to meet and chat with him plenty of times when I was working for Bunker Guitar and teching in the Seattle area.

Proud of a local guy who made it from scratch.

Congrats on what I know are top notch p/u's!

Latest posts