Little Tommy Bukovac and HomeSkoolin'

Discussion in 'The Cellar' started by nickfox, Jun 3, 2020.

1. nickfox

nickfox Well-Known Member

I've seen this mentioned several times on TGP but not here and I wanted to share it with you. For those of you who don't know him, he's a Nashville session guitarist whose played on over 500 records and has toured with people like Joe Walsh.

These videos are just him playing guitar with his looper and talking out in his garage. He's super interesting and plays guitar unlike any other. Watching him has changed my playing and pushed me to want to learn more. There are 2 series, "Corona Lessons" and "HomeSkoolin". HomeSkoolin was just a name change. About 50 videos in total. Absolutely amazing.

I'm posting this video here because it was one of my favorites.

n

Trapland and pedecamp like this.
  2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

I was like 20 minutes man no way I can listen to all that, so I fast forwarded a little in the beginning to where he talks and he had me hooked just listening to him talk, then topped it off with that cool progression he goes over in the end! Cool guy :yesway:

nickfox likes this.
  3. nickfox

His little intros are usually about a minute long. Go back and check the intro on that one. That intro is why I love that video so much.

n

pedecamp likes this.
  4. Trapland

Trapland Well-Known Member

He’s my new fav. 50+ videos in like 2 months. No fancy production just him playing live and talking. One take and he’s definitely a professional....rarely a mistake.

And his stories..... he’s so fun to listen to.

nickfox likes this.
  5. nickfox

My new favorite too. He did mention in one of his videos that really good session players usually get it done in one take. And to see him actually do it in all those video intros was incredible.

n