>

Laser Kid

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by XTRXTR, Sep 28, 2021.

1. XTRXTR

XTRXTR Well-Known Member

This kid cracks me up. If you haven't seen him on the tube before he will likely capture your interest with his edited lack of safety and piss and vinegar behavior. He makes me laugh but he is clearly brilliant. Soon he'll have a Mini-Me and be making sharks with lasers on their foreheads.

nickfox and ricksdisconnected like this.
  2. ricksdisconnected

ricksdisconnected Well-Known Member

cool

XTRXTR likes this.
  3. Torren61

Torren61 Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

He reminds me of Reese from "Malcomb In The Middle", lol.

XTRXTR likes this.
  4. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

I've been following him for a while. He's a hoot! Despite all his safety precautions I don't expect him to avoid some degree of laser induced vision damage by the time he turns 30.

Other related channels to watch:

Photonicinduction (high voltage/high current fuckery...very entertaining and informative!) Hosted by a crazy English power engineer!

Electroboom....Indian electrical engineer who's willing to take a shock if it gets the views. A true comedic goofball who nonetheless knows exactly what he's doing.

I'm so protective of my vision, I won't let anybody fire off even the weakest blue or violet laser pointer around me. The evidence is growing that thanks to blue LEDS and lasers, our eyes are taking damage from far more blue light exposure than they were evolved to see. We should not see blue light that is brighter than the blue sky on a clear summer day. Anything beyond that is more than is safe for our eyes.

XTRXTR likes this.
  5. XTRXTR

XTRXTR Well-Known Member

So my 460nm LEDs on my amp are bad for me? That kid is playing with plasma fire. I love his editing though seems so raw and unhinged. That new Laser Microwave video, all of his stuff is riding the lightning.

6. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

Regular indicator LEDs are OK but I won't be around any blue laser at all.

If you see any blue LED and think, "Wow, that's bright!" then just don't stare at it.

There was a time when I was playing with some 20 watt LEDs. They were nuts. Even with diffusers over them, you couldn't look directly at them.

XTRXTR likes this.