>

Krank rev pro jr tube config?

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by Daniel55, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Daniel55

Daniel55 New Member

Picked up a rev pro jr 20 watt. I'm looking to see which tube does what as far as the 4 - 12ax7's go. Is there a way to figure it out? I've done countless searches online for just that information and nothing. Unless I'm using the wrong search criteria... 1 tube should be for the effects loop, and 1 for the phase inverter and 2 for the preamp section. Any thoughts?

Deftone likes this.
  2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new amp! How does it sound? You have pictures of the current tube layout?

3. Gene Ballzz

Gene Ballzz Well-Known Member

I have never heard of that model? Pics or an accurate model name might help us help you?
    Just Sayin'
    Gene

4. RLW59

RLW59 Well-Known Member

5. Daniel55

Daniel55 New Member

Yes I can get a few pics after work. Thank you on the congrats! Sounds pretty good! There is a hum I'm trying to remedy, but other than that it has a pretty chewy, chunky driven channel. I really like collecting these small wattage tube amps.

pedecamp likes this.
  6. Gene Ballzz

Gene Ballzz Well-Known Member

No pics needed, thanks to the link shared by @RLW59 ! :D In the first post, I thought you were using confused references to a Fender Pro Jr. "'It is all clear to me now' said the blind carpenter, as he picked up his hammer and saw!" :p
    Carry On,
    Gene

7. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Does it hum in both channels? Does it hum with the volume turned off? Does it hum if you plug your guitar into the effects loop return? Its probably a bad tube somewhere, just a matter of isolating which tube. or if you have the cash replace them all.

8. Deftone

Deftone Well-Known Member

I had one. I think I still have the schematic at home. I'll try to remember to look for it and scan it when I get home.