Killer production 1x12 cab for DSL20hr?

skiltrip

Reaction score
I just picked up a used DSL20 head from a local dealer. Love this amp. I went in looking for more expensive things, but this just spoke to me.

In store I tried it with an Orange OB212 (V30) and it was killer.

Got home, and tried it first with my oversized Seismic open back 1x12 (V30) and didn't like it nearly as much. Hard to say, but something felt off. Harsh. Though I love that cab with other amps.

Then I tried the DSL20 with my little Bugera 1x12 that's loaded with a Texas Heat and much, much better. (I modded the back so it's open back). Not quite up to how much I liked that Orange 212 in the store, but great sounding all the same.

Wondering what would be a killer 1x12 cab to get to pair with the DSL20. 8 ohm is a plus. Or I could just get a better cab and put one of my Texas Heats in it.

George Dickens

Reaction score
You may want to check what you think you like or dont like, over time. The enviroment and your perceptions of things vary over time.- I always like to make decisions like that after a week or two. Barometric pressure, full moons and such... :)

skiltrip

Reaction score
You may want to check what you think you like or dont like, over time. The enviroment and your perceptions of things vary over time.- I always like to make decisions like that after a week or two. Barometric pressure, full moons and such... :)
Wise stuff here. Yeah, I'm gonna ride it out with the little Bugera Texas Heat cab for a bit. I do like that it's tiny and I don't find it lacking in any major way. I also need to play at pretty low volumes a lot of the time at home, so the Texas Heat being a low output speaker is probably making my life easier in that regard.

skiltrip

Reaction score
Interesting what actually went down.

So even though I liked the Orange 212 V30 cab in the store, I didn't like the V30 in my own cab at home (way too sizzly and harsh), so I swapped it out for a spare Texas Heat I had and I absolute love it with the DSL20. So now I'm back to my oversized 112 open back with a Texas Heat and my little Bugera open back 112 also with a Texas Heat. The oversized cab sounds bigger, but the little cab still sounds good and is easier to carry around.

So I guess I really like the Texas Heat with this amp. Not surprising, because in general, I love this speaker. But I did like the Orange 212 in the store with the V30s, so not sure there. Maybe the cab design smoothed things out? Or maybe the room just made it sound different?!

RCM 800

Reaction score
I love my orange 1x12. It sounds way bigger than it is. I got mine in black so it looks good under a marshall.

Max Gahne

Reaction score
I play my DSL20 thru a Seismic oversize 112 with a V30. I guess it's oversize, it's their biggest 112. I spent some time with it both open back and closed back and like it better closed back and have left it that way