JVM410h bias test point connector

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by Benighted, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Benighted

Benighted Member

Does anyone know the right type of female connector that could be used with the 3 pin bias test point in the JVM series? I'd like make an extension cable to connect my multimeter to the test point instead of fiddling with alligator clips.

The connector may be similar to the one below, but I'd like to know the exact type before ordering.

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Connector-150mm-Cable-Female/dp/B01DUC1PW6/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Detlef

Detlef New Member

Good idea, I can't tell you if that's the right connector, but if you decide to order anyway please let us know is it fits, it makes biassing a little easier I think.

Benighted likes this.
  3. Benighted

Benighted Member

So far it looks a 3-pin female Molex connector would work. The hard part is to find the size without opening the amp.

4. Benighted

Benighted Member

A quick follow up. I still don't know the connector type or the corresponding female piece, but am getting closer. Below is the best close-up of CON1 I was able to find (special thanks to Andrew from Eurotubes for the link). The pitch is likely 5mm or very close.

It also appears the connector is similar or identical to TSL's 100 bias board (second image). I came across that board thanks to the excellent write-up by @sloan_amps (https://www.marshallforum.com/threads/a-little-tsl100-parts-info.75536/).

CON1 looks like a JST connector of some sort, but finding the exact type have been quite hard so far.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Detlef

Detlef New Member

I did send an email to Marshall about the connector. I have no experience with their customer service, I hope it's good and they will reply. If I will get a response I will post it here.

Benighted likes this.