JVM 410h

Discussion in 'Marshall Amps' started by lry7, Jan 26, 2021.

1. lry7

lry7 New Member

Running a 410h + av 65 for a while,love it tbh.
    Too much to lug around though.. alternatives!?!? Ideas???

2. Sapient

Sapient Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

Been there (410HJS), for gigging anyway. The 410H combo is even more of a beast. Do you need 4 channels? (for me, it was not optional.) If you don't there are a million options, but if you do they are slim. Going outside of Marshall would be devastating and is certainly not an option.

Although:
    I had a Synergy 1U SYN rack with 2 800 modules (JCM 800 clones) in it with 2 channels each. From there you can technically go out the speaker simulated output into the PA. Done. Stereo if you want too. Or, you can get the 25lb 1U power rack to go with it. (that's what I had.) It's a little heavy, the two, but not bad at all; especially with a nice soft hard/soft rack case handle. You can look into Synergy ...it's the only 4 channel marshall alternative that is not worth it's weight in $hit, from what I could discover.

Maybe just focus on your cab? It might be your "real" culprit. Get a little 1x100-watt cab and that will probably solve what the real problem might be.

Jethro Rocker likes this.
  3. Jethro Rocker

Jethro Rocker Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Is the head and 2x12 too much? The combo while heavy it is not a 4x12 nor as big and might be ok but still hefty. I have many a combo amd find it easier to lig even though heavy. A 70 lb 2x12 combomis still lighter and smaller than a 4x12 and 2 trips.
    If you dont need the 4 channel then look at a 210 single 12 combo.
    Either the 410 combo I say or try n luck into a 6101 30th anniversary combo. 3 channel, lotsa modes, really small but the 1x12 open back is no real replacement for the 4x12 although it does sound really good with a 1x12 cloeed back extension.

[​IMG]

4. John BNY

John BNY Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

JVM205C Med.JPG

This is my primary gigging amp. 50 watts with 2x12. It's pretty heavy, but still easier to load in and out than a head with a cab.

5. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

I run my 410H with a 2x12 cab; isn't so heavy and I can usually haul everything in one trip: head on top of cab on casters; either slung over one shoulder or on top of head; guitar slung over should using a gig bag.

The reality is that if you're gonna play a 100 watt head, it's usually going to be somewhat heavy, and the cab will probably heavy as well. Back when I used a 2x12 combo, I remember the experience was sometimes a bit of a challenge (like carrying a 2x12 combo up or down a few stairs.

@OP: If weight is still an issue, you can always buy an Axe-FX, Kemper, or Helix (pretty good sound quality on all three) and plug straight into the house mixer. Just do what is best for your situation. Best of luck with your rig.

6. Jethro Rocker

Ha ha! It sounds funny! The head on top of cab slung over shoulder or put on top of your head! :D.
    Jk I kmow what you mean. And I agree. 2 trips w a 2x12 or 1 trip with a combo, while heavy, beats hauljng a 4x12 aroumd.

MonstersOfTheMidway likes this.
  7. RickyLee

RickyLee Well-Known Member VIP Member

Oh to be young again. I remember the days of just bear hugging my 4X12 cab and being able to walk across parking lots and such with no thought to it . . . .

8. Jethro Rocker

My Traynor 4x12 is 101 lbs. Gotta go up basement stairs carrying it. Put it in SUV alone. Needless to say it doesn't get out much.

9. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Thats funny, I had one and yes way toooo much!!!!

Get a nice:

JCM 4010
    Origin 50 Combo

Or any other great combo, make your life easier!!!

10. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

Yeah, I phucked up that one pretty good.