JVM 410H 3 heads two one foot switch

EleDocs

Reaction score
Help,.. does anyone know a good way to connect 3 JVM 410H heads to one foot switch controller so all three heads switch simultaneously?? or a way to use the first head as a master and the other two heads as a slave configuration?? Or what about connecting all the three in a parallel circuit like with Y cables??

Last edited:

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Help,.. does anyone know a good way to connect 3 JVM 410H heads two one foot switch controller so all three heads switch simultaneously?? or a way to use the first head as a master and the other two heads as a slave configuration??
Midi is your friend .
Get a Morningstar MC6 or a Boss ES

IC based foot switch is 1to1 ..

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
@OP: I, too, agree that MIDI connectivity is the way to go because it will be the easiest and cheapest way to do what you want.

All you need is one MIDI footswitch and three MIDI cables. Set all three JVM heads to MIDI programming mode and then program all three head at once to a single footswitch preset. After that, all three heads will switch at the same time when you recall that footswitch preset.

Leonard Neemoil

Reaction score
Couldn't a couple/few simple trs Y cable work? That'd be the cheapest option I would think...

FracStrat

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't a couple/few simple trs Y cable work? That'd be the cheapest option I would think...
Not likely IMHO ..
The stock switch uses a TS Cord
The Footswitch has 6 Buttons
The IC chips in each of the Heads are sensitive to a very precise set of values in voltage, resistance & polarity ..
The Footswitch is the same .. The Power to the switch would be altered as well (namely total current exposure) ..

EleDocs

Reaction score
Yeah so the guy who owns these headz has wired a Y cable in between two of them and it works but i told him that its a recipe for distruction and you will wind up blowing the decoder IC and berhaps even the phantom power supply too!! so i told him to dasiy chain them all together with midi cables and get a midi foot controller!!

mmrizio

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to just use the preamp of only the first amp, and feed the signal to the poweramps of all 3? Or are you looking to use different settings at each of the amps?

EleDocs

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be easier to just use the preamp of only the first amp, and feed the signal to the poweramps of all 3? Or are you looking to use different settings at each of the amps?
yes precisely that's what I told him.... so take the signal out from the pre amp loop and send it to the input of the other head and then the same thing to the last head??

Last edited: