Just got another nice one !!!!

Eric'45

Reaction score
I am currently in a situation here I'm really satisfied with what I have. Still you guys always bring up something cool I still don't have, and GAS kicks in again :lol:.
Nice one! How do you like that Varitone thing? (I suppose the Rotary switch is something like that)

axe4me

Reaction score
Me likey.

Cool beans.

I'm partial to thinline Gibson guitars.

HNGD.

:agreed:

yladrd61

Reaction score
I am currently in a situation here I'm really satisfied with what I have. Still you guys always bring up something cool I still don't have, and GAS kicks in again :lol:.
Nice one! How do you like that Varitone thing? (I suppose the Rotary switch is something like that)
The Varitone is a switchable tone capacitor 1 sounds like a swamp full of hungry alligators 6 sounds like it is under water ;)

Eric'45

Reaction score
So you don't like it then :D.
I was just curious, because the Varitone things always steal a bit of Volume, since they are passive. I have a BC Rich with such a thing and I actually like it very much. But she has really Hot Humbuckers, so the Varitone just brings the Output down to more 'normal' Levels.
I suspect this Guitar has lower Output Humbuckers, so I thought with the Varitone it might become all too weak.

yladrd61

Reaction score
So you don't like it then :D.
I was just curious, because the Varitone things always steal a bit of Volume, since they are passive. I have a BC Rich with such a thing and I actually like it very much. But she has really Hot Humbuckers, so the Varitone just brings the Output down to more 'normal' Levels.
I suspect this Guitar has lower Output Humbuckers, so I thought with the Varitone it might become all too weak.
Actually I like them a lot, here is a good example of how it affects the sound of the guitar.

Eric'45

Reaction score
Actually I like them a lot, here is a good example of how it affects the sound of the guitar.
Somehow it came across as the opposite;)
As I have said, I have one in my BC Rich and although the Guitars are vastly different, the video has shown me the Varitone works quite similar.
You can give Humbucker Guitars a bit of Fender 'chime' and that weird kind out- of phase Tone (Mr. Sharrard said it sounded like a transistor Radio)
works great with more distorted tones.
Yet I heard quite a few Guitarists stating that Varitone circuits are not useful.