johnny depp

DaDoc

Reaction score
I might buy some.
Just watching that makes me feel like a better guitar player.

Yeah, me too..Maybe if I buy some of that cologne I'll be able to afford that stack..And some pet wolves! :lol:

My question is, where does he get power for all those amps in the middle of the desert? :scratch:

But seriously, I've been expecting a thread to come up here about that ad ever since I first saw it..Along with the expected Depp bashing! :lol:

I don't give a damn what anyone says, it's a cool ad and Johnny's a pretty cool guy! As well as one of the best actors in the biz..And he does one of the best pirate characters who's ever been on the big screen IMO..:thumb:

When I was living in New Mexico I rented a room from a guy who had a house way up in the Jemez mountains, Depp used to stay in the same neighborhood with some friends when he was in the area..I never met him personally, but there was a guy in Albuquerque I became acquainted with who had a vintage guitar shop there, and he knew Johnny pretty well, he had bought a '59 Burst from him, along with some other gear..Said he was a cool and super nice guy who was a pleasure to deal with.

I've never been overly impressed with his playing, but he's not that bad. And he's apparently been into music about as long or longer than he's been into acting..I remember him playing the sax while jamming with a band on an episode of the old "21 Jump Street" series back in the 80's..Played the sax pretty damn well!

And someone mentioned Keef..Yep, Johnny took a lot of his mannerisms for his Captain Jack character from him..And of course Keef played his dad in one of the POTC movies..The same guitar dealer I just spoke of was also friends with him! He had an old Gibson archtop hanging on the wall Richards had given him as a gift.

Last edited:

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
The dude is an actor, he likes to dress up and pretend, look at all his roles they are all fantasy Ive never seen him play the part of a regular person. Anybody with enough money can be whatever they want, currently he's pretending to be a rockstar. If he dies from an overdose then I'll be like wow he really was a rockstar not an actor!

whats eating gilbert grape.

mcblink

Reaction score
c6941e788c80f472142629fc51a4fda5.jpg
1578400830113.png

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
Yeah, me too..Maybe if I buy some of that cologne I'll be able to afford that stack..And some pet wolves! :lol:

My question is, where does he get power for all those amps in the middle of the desert? :scratch:

But seriously, I've been expecting a thread to come up here about that ad ever since I first saw it..Along with the expected Depp bashing! :lol:

I don't give a damn what anyone says, it's a cool ad and Johnny's a pretty cool guy! As well as one of the best actors in the biz..And he does one of the best pirate characters who's ever been on the big screen IMO..:thumb:

When I was living in New Mexico I rented a room from a guy who had a house way up in the Jemez mountains, Depp used to stay in the same neighborhood with some friends when he was in the area..I never met him personally, but there was a guy in Albuquerque I became acquainted with who had a vintage guitar shop there, and he knew Johnny pretty well, he had bought a '59 Burst from him, along with some other gear..Said he was a cool and super nice guy who was a pleasure to deal with.

I've never been overly impressed with his playing, but he's not that bad. And he's apparently been into music about as long or longer than he's been into acting..I remember him playing the sax while jamming with a band on an episode of the old "21 Jump Street" series back in the 80's..Played the sax pretty damn well!

And someone mentioned Keef..Yep, Johnny took a lot of his mannerisms for his Captain Jack character from him..And of course Keef played his dad in one of the POTC movies..The same guitar dealer I just spoke of was also friends with him! He had an old Gibson archtop hanging on the wall Richards had given him as a gift.

Shit, how could I forget about 21 Jump Street! One of my favorite shows back in the day. He also played a normal guy in that as well. I always liked Johnny Depp myself he seems like a cool dude.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score

As I understand it, the only reason Depp ever did any acting was to support a music career and that was his main goal.

He did ok though.

Old Punker

Reaction score

I certainly won't insult the man, he plays better than I do, and he also looks better than me. :rolleyes:

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
"...Amber Heard took a dump in his bed." :wtf:

I've never heard that one before. Why would anyone do something like that? :shrug:
Bro...you've never been around a pissed off woman bent on revenge?

He's lucky that's all she did. I've had equipment broken and other BS too.

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Depp so bad wants to be taken as a legit rock star. Shut up Johnny...you're a fucking pirate.

You are sooooo righ! AIN'T gonna happen. Rock-n-Roll can't have the confusion that someone is acting it. It never sits well so it never works.