Jimmy Page

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by axe4me, Sep 11, 2020.

1. matttornado

matttornado Well-Known Member

The Song Remains the Same is by far my favorite of all of their stuff.

I have a story too:
    My dad and I were about to go to K-mart to get some fishing stuff, gearing up for trout season. I had just gotten my report card a few days prior and it wasn't too good....

My mom said as we we walking out the door, "Don't buy anything, you're grounded for bad grades".

Sure enough, I came home with the double cassette tape of the song remains the same. LOL

my mom was pissed for about 5 minutes. after all , it was Led Zeppelin!

I must have been around 12 or 13 years old at the time.

A few years later, my sister took me to see the movie at the local theater. I was a changed forever!

2. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

that is just awesome !

3. Vinsanitizer

Vinsanitizer Forum Support Spec. Double Platinum Supporting Member VIP Member

Awesome story indeed! :yesway:

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Well-Known Member

Same here, my sister had her licence, and the movie was being shown for a week in town. She didn't like it at all :lol:

5. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

IMO, if you saw Zep in 1969/70, you would have thought "The Song Remains The Same" show sucked.

6. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Just heard on FOX that ZEPP won the 6 year court battle over “Stairway to Heaven” riff.....:agreed:

7. RCM 800

RCM 800 Well-Known Member

nice, little good news on a shitty day. Never know how these will turn out. Ive listened to both and while similar they are different enough IMO. Still bugs me that Tom Petty won his case against the RHCP's. I Dont even like the Peppers but those songs sounded nothing alike.

Trident likes this.
  8. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

9. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

Anyone with a LP type have a JP #1 mod (single push/pull)?
    Sounds great with just about any four wire humbucker. If you play around with a whole lotta Zep this reversible mod really hits the mark. Throw in a .022 for the mojo.

10. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

You be the judge.

11. junk notes

junk notes Well-Known Member

Ridiculous claim as the courts said. Sounds like they are pissed that LZ was LZ and made too much cash. Better chance with digging in Jim Croce's pockets with - ..

12. purpleplexi

purpleplexi Well-Known Member

First band I ever played guitar in was a Zep tribute. In fact arguably the best band I ever played guitar in was the Zep tribute. Certainly the most successful and best paid.
    Loved Zep since the second album. Still sort of can't believe that I got away with it. In fact some people even congratulated me on my JP tone and how I played it. People are easily impressed though.
    Friend of my wife was very on the scene and v close to Peter Grant. She says stuff like ' Jimmy only emails me when he wants something'. I don't ask...

13. Lo-Tek

Lo-Tek Well-Known Member

Interview w/ JP and new book-
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jimmy-page-vision-led-zeppelin-123023233.html

talks about rap a bit-
    "you could tell with hip-hop that they were sort of educated in so many areas, the stuff that they listened to, and they knew how to combine it and make it into another art form. Well, that’s great. Because I mean, that’s basically what happens with Led Zeppelin.

Hip-hop fascinated me, the whole culture of what it was and breakdancing and all this whole thing coming from the street. I thought it was great. It was really good and some brave stuff.

And I tell you, when Puff Daddy, as he was at the time, got in contact and said that he wanted to do this thing, I thought, “Wow. Yeah, yeah. We’ve been sampled enough. Why not do it for real?” So I thought it was great. And it was an epic thing that he did. He put two orchestras on it, for heaven’s sake [laughs]. We never had that sort of luxury. And when I did Saturday Night Live with him, it was phenomenal. He did a couple of run-throughs and then the take, and he was different on each one. He was somebody who was improvising, and I admired his work."

14. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member