JCM800 Custom Cabinet

Mike_In_Mass

Reaction score
Good day all. I have a Marshall 4210 Combo with a JCM800 amp in it and a 12" speaker. This thing is a tank and weighs almost as much as my Super Reverb !
I've removed the amp and would like to make a cabinet for it similar to the one in the attached picture.
I have 2 questions. I can't remember where I found this pic (It was just the left half and and I did some trickery to make it look like a whole amp. First, is that badge in top left corner from an actual Marshall item, and if so where can I get one? Second, anyone know anywhere I might find some cloth like that texture and color for the grille ? I'm guessing it's not a Marshall item. Cabinet will be walnut with cherry inlays in place of the gold straps in the pic. Also, the combo cabinet will likely be for sale, it is in good condition and if anyone is interested I can provide pics.
Any help greatly appreciated.
My best,
Mike In Mass Mshl2203.JPG

ken Tucky

Reaction score
The logo is a copy of the vintage "Coffin Logo" Marshall used on its earliest offerings like the JTM45 offset. They reissued some offsets as special editions (expensive and limited run) and also use the same reissue logo on the 1 watt JTM-1 offset. The grill cloth is Marshall Radio Spares (RS Style) which was also used on the earliest offerings like the previously mentioned JTM45 offset and again, on the reissues I already spoke of. I imagine if you do some google searching you will find it at a more reasonable price (or not?) than what I found in a quick search viewable in these links. Obviously Marshall themselves must be getting their supply for the reissues from somewhere.

Last edited:

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day all. I have a Marshall 4210 Combo with a JCM800 amp in it and a 12" speaker. This thing is a tank and weighs almost as much as my Super Reverb !
I've removed the amp and would like to make a cabinet for it similar to the one in the attached picture.
I have 2 questions. I can't remember where I found this pic (It was just the left half and and I did some trickery to make it look like a whole amp. First, is that badge in top left corner from an actual Marshall item, and if so where can I get one? Second, anyone know anywhere I might find some cloth like that texture and color for the grille ? I'm guessing it's not a Marshall item. Cabinet will be walnut with cherry inlays in place of the gold straps in the pic. Also, the combo cabinet will likely be for sale, it is in good condition and if anyone is interested I can provide pics.
Any help greatly appreciated.
My best,
Mike In Mass View attachment 104764
:welcome: to the forum.
@ken Tucky is on it with your answers.
Please post build pics when you get your project going.
I've done a few combo to head conversions - just standard styling with some junk SS amps.

Latest posts