JCM 900 beginner

JustGaryLee

Reaction score
Hey fellow rockers, I am using a JCM 900, i run my modulation pedals through the effects loop. I used to use a JCM 2000 TSL an it had a pedal board that allowed me to "BYPASS" my effects loop. My 900 doesnt have that set up. Is there a pedal or switch i can add into the line to bypass what im using on my effects loop? I know there are pedals that you can buy to add pedals to that pedal to controll them...i simply want to use my effect loop on my amp and be able to bypass it. Any help appreciated just please dont respond as a gear snob about diode clipping or buy another amp...the diode clipping has been modified, buying another amp at this point is out of the question. Thank you in advance.

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Marshall forum Gary, if that's your real name! :D

Some effects loops have on/off switches, I don't think your 900 has that switch, and I'm not aware of a pedal that can turn on and off your effects loop.

I understand you had a switch with your TSL, but is there another reason that you want a switch to turn the loop on/off? I don't think most amps with an effect loop have an on/off switch, I mean wouldn't just stepping on the pedal /pedals suffice?

JustGaryLee

Reaction score
Welcome to the Marshall forum Gary, if that's your real name! :D

Some effects loops have on/off switches, I don't think your 900 has that switch, and I'm not aware of a pedal that can turn on and off your effects loop.

I understand you had a switch with your TSL, but is there another reason that you want a switch to turn the loop on/off? I don't think most amps with an effect loop have an on/off switch, I mean wouldn't just stepping on the pedal /pedals suffice?
The beauty of having a switch is you hit one button, cuts all effects from that signal *Effects loop* and returns you to your settings on just the amplifier. Now if your using just one or 2 pedals you can live with that. With multiple pedals on a board you do "The Dance" popping pedals switches to gain your desired tones. When i was a young lad that was fine..im 55 now and regretting getting rid of my stack for the splicit of the design. But i was downsizing and went to the 900 Combo.

Crikey

Reaction score
The beauty of having a switch is you hit one button, cuts all effects from that signal *Effects loop* and returns you to your settings on just the amplifier. Now if your using just one or 2 pedals you can live with that. With multiple pedals on a board you do "The Dance" popping pedals switches to gain your desired tones. When i was a young lad that was fine..im 55 now and regretting getting rid of my stack for the splicit of the design. But i was downsizing and went to the 900 Combo.
Dont be a settler. Lol
Down sized? That 900 combo is near weight of a twin reverb. I have 800 2x12 combo. Dang…

Spooky88

Reaction score
Don’t sweat that JCM900 DR combo. Great amp! My 92’ 4502 is still my number one amp. As far as weight goes Crikey, my keyboard in the flight case weighs 150lbs. And it’s got one handle. Go figure. Still flinging those things around at age 56. No problem.

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A particular quirk of the DR is that even if you aren't using any effects in the effects loop, the amp sounds better with the loop jumpered. Bypassing it wouldn't make you happier.
A bypass switch in the loop would bypass the effects and essentially be a loop jumper.
Win-win.

Wildeman

Reaction score
Don’t sweat that JCM900 DR combo. Great amp! My 92’ 4502 is still my number one amp. As far as weight goes Crikey, my keyboard in the flight case weighs 150lbs. And it’s got one handle. Go figure. Still flinging those things around at age 56. No problem.
150!!!😬 I know the guys in the Fender cabinet shop were laughing as they screwed the single handle on to my twin, 90 lbs flat🤣

JustGaryLee

Reaction score

Welcome! Nice amp! More pics please!

I love the 900's myself. I tried a 4101 combo years ago and fell in love wi

Welcome! Nice amp! More pics please!

I love the 900's myself. I tried a 4101 combo years ago and fell in love with it.

Attachments

• 600x800.jpg
    600x800.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 11
  • 600x800 II.jpg
    600x800 II.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts