Ivory head needs cab match

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
My EVH was actually more of a cream. I would get a EVH 2x12 but I would trade you a black head shell for your ivory. View attachment 109964
That EVH head does look like cream. Mine is white. However, I got mine before the modified the head with the inner concentric black rings on some dials. You can see yours even says 6L6 in the logo. Mine doesn't. I wonder if they changed the color also and in addition to that does it mean the cabs are not actually flat white but more a cream?

EVH dialed in.jpg

Mrmadd

Reaction score
Not very good condition, but Cherry Hill NJ has a cream colored 1960A cab under $500 now.
Check web

The_Marshall_Plan

Reaction score
Not very good condition, but Cherry Hill NJ has a cream colored 1960A cab under $500 now.
Check web
funny you should mention, i actually did see that in my searches but between its condition and it being a 4x12 i decided to pass

i pulled the trigger on the evh 2x12 last night, so once it arrives we’ll see how i made out.

The_Marshall_Plan

Reaction score
My Dsl40c’s are elephant tolex in white, my MG cabs are white levant tolex, and it really doesn’t bother me so much, in pics they look great to my eyes,, and I would never get rid of your amp head for any reason at all.. looks great to me, and finding a perfect match will be a long time coming.
yeah, dont worry im definitely keeping the head and leaving it unmolested. I doubt a white elephant tolexed 1936 aged to match will ever come along, but im not gonna be the guy to sell or re-tolex a collectible custom color head just for the sake of color coordination.

i know this is off topic for the thread, but the head sounds VERY good. Im happy to work around it. I feel bad for people i meet who comment on it because i tend to gush.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dsl40c’s are elephant tolex in white, my MG cabs are white levant tolex, and it really doesn’t bother me so much, in pics they look great to my eyes,, and I would never get rid of your amp head for any reason at all.. looks great to me, and finding a perfect match will be a long time coming.

yeah, dont worry im definitely keeping the head and leaving it unmolested. I doubt a white elephant tolexed 1936 aged to match will ever come along, but im not gonna be the guy to sell or re-tolex a collectible custom color head just for the sake of color coordination.

i know this is off topic for the thread, but the head sounds VERY good. Im happy to work around it. I feel bad for people i meet who comment on it because i tend to gush.
As you should, I would love to have that head in all its glory.. as you can tell I am very partial to white Marshall’s.

Cheers
Mitch

The_Marshall_Plan

Reaction score
new cab showed up today. The color is pretty well matched at a glance. The head has a more yellow tint, but really not bad on that point

bit of trouble in that i thought the EVH badge on the front would screw right off and on. It’s actually screwed AND glued on, so that left behind a bunch of ugly gunk when i removed it. I think I’ll have to replace the whole grill cloth at some point to address that. I’ll probably do a basket weave.

Last item is the speakers. This cab is stock with anniversary g12h30s. Im not crazy for them right out the gate. It generally takes me awhile to adjust to new gear and learn how to EQ it to my tastes though, so I’ll reserve judgment for another day.

overall, it solved my problem for a reasonable cost and (EVH badge aside) im happy with the look of it.

thanks for all your input people.

26060EB7-6D14-445C-A292-7E6370547B77.jpeg

Latest posts