It's coming!

Discussion in 'Other Amps' started by ampeq, Dec 2, 2020.

1. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

OK, I ordered a Ceriatone 2202 combo w/ NFB knob and buff. loop. I also ordered a Horse Breaker pedal to try, so we can see how they work. It will take just a little longer than forever but should be fun to play with if I ever get it.
    I am drawing up another amp as well, a 2 ch. Chupacabra with different voicings, it will have a buffered loop, NFB, lead boost, and a couple other little things. Soon as I finish it I'll order one. Nik is a great guy to work with and the options are very reasonable to say the least. Call Fender or Marshall and tell them you want a NFB knob installed, let me know how you make out. I sure wish I knew about these guy's a long time ago. Now, if you don't mind I have to get back to staring out the window waiting for the UPS guy.

2. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

Cool! Looking forward to you getting it! :yesway:

3. jimmyjames

jimmyjames Well-Known Member

May your rockin' be righteous :cool:

4. Wolvieberzerker

Wolvieberzerker Well-Known Member

When you say combo, do you mean a 1x12 combo?

5. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

Yes, a 1-12” combo set up. It’s only a 20w amp so a single 12” speaker will be fine, if I do take it somewhere I’ll bring another 1-12” cab. I like combos because with a second 1-12” cab you can get a lot of sounds out of them. I’m debating my 100w 2 ch. Chupacabra being a combo, a 2-12” though. If I do it will have wheels and side handles like a speaker cab.

6. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

I also added a choke to the little 2202 combo, so it has 3 custom options now. (Choke, NFB, and buffered loop.) I’ll try different speakers when I get it. Options are cheap by the way, $40 - $75 ($75 for buff. loop) On this little amp it was only 4-6 weeks lead time too. Same for pedal I guess. I need to draw up my 2 ch. amp and get it started, it’s going to be half Chupacabra and half something else. If anyone has anything they would like to see let me know, if I can use it I’ll see if I can add it. I’ll post what I come up with and see if I missed anything. I may go SS face / rear plates, which is the most expensive thing they offer, $150 extra! I’m just as curious about the pedal as the amp, I still can’t believe 1/2 the people here don’t have that pedal.

7. Wolvieberzerker

Does it have the fat switch, boost switch and 3 way bright switch, ppimv and pussy trimmer?

8. jchrisf

jchrisf Well-Known Member

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it when you get it.... hopefully you'll give us some sound samples :)

Right now I am fighting between the 2202, 2204 and the Molecular.

9. 2203xman

2203xman Well-Known Member

Ceriatone is growing huge.I'm looking forward to a turret board plexi.Should have it in 5 more weeks.Then maybe a horsie pedal .That word cracks me up.Congrats!

10. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

Yes it still has all the stock stuff, I just added a few things I thought it could use. It should be a very versatile little amp and fit good in my living room. If so, I’ll build a nice wood cab system for it like a mini stack. Should be one hell of an amp.

11. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

If you don’t need any more power then say 20w, like the 2202, maybe Nik could build a 20w Molecular. A 2202 and a 20w Molecular sitting on a good 2-12” cab, along with an amp switching pedal, would make a great 2 ch set up.

jchrisf likes this.
  12. Wolvieberzerker

Cool. I have the stock head version. Very nice amp.

13. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

I’ve heard many say it is the best JCM 800 type amp going. If so, this should make me a very good mess around amp. My X100b combo does a great 800 sound and is super versatile, still my favorite amp. Depending what the 2202 can do I will base the second channel of my 2 ch Chupacabra off it. The Chupacabra is a crazy good rock platform, paired with a little calmer amp it should make a very good switcher amp. Ideally I think the All Access 51 would be the best second channel and the Chupa for 1st, both with a boost. (I can dream can’t I.) It blows my mind that I can order an amp like this, just what I want, super well made with no circuit boards, and costs way less than 1/2 the amps I’ve bought in the past.

14. jchrisf

I've heard the Yeti can do a real JCM 800 tone.. I'd assume the Cupa could to? They say the Molecular won't though because it has different gain staging.

15. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

The Yeti is very similar to the Chupa, just a little darker I think. The Chupa is a little more bright and aggressive. The Molecular is a little different amp, though very good in it's own way. All are well worth owning but the Jose modded Plexi's are my favorite. As soon as I figure out what to use for a second channel in an amp I'm going to order it. That should fulfill all my needs for a good 100w 2 ch amp. The little 2202 is a very good thing for me to play around with and take places, but the new amp will be my go to amp.

16. ibmorjamn

ibmorjamn Well-Known Member

Boy or a Girl ? oh amp , cool lol

17. ampeq

ampeq Well-Known Member

How well does the PPIMV work? Some say it's still pretty loud but others say you can get great sound right down to low bedroom volumes. How does your work?

18. jchrisf

That Molecular has a Loop volume control. Those work great on Splawns.

19. Wolvieberzerker

The 2202 is loud. Stupid loud. The ppimv only works on lower gain settings. Clean to edge of break up tones. Same with the 3 way bright switch.

jchrisf likes this.
  20. Ufoscorpion

Ufoscorpion Well-Known Member

Cancel the order , get a Friedman runt 50 or 20 if you don’t need the volume ( particularly clean) , no need to battle a nvm amp to get the sound you’re looking for . You definitely won’t have to wait weeks to get it either .

steveb63 likes this.