Is the AVT100s clean channel based on another Marshall?

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I agree with you on the clean. Even the solid state Marshalls from that time had beautiful clean channels. I have a Marshall GA50RCD that I like the clean channel of a lot. The drive channel isn't that great on it's own but the clean is fantastic.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned an AVT100 for a long time and still use it as a practise amp. I still really like how the clean channel sounds and was wondering if it was based on another Marshall?
Cheers
I have no clue, or idea, but the2 AVT50H’s we had both sounded great, clean or overdriven, and I liked to crank the volume, and use the gain for level.
Cheers
Mitch

Astra Planeta

Reaction score
I have no clue, or idea, but the2 AVT50H’s we had both sounded great, clean or overdriven, and I liked to crank the volume, and use the gain for level.
Cheers
Mitch

I had one of those, you could get a really cool raw bluesy tone out of the clean channel on those that I really dug.

JacksonCharvelAddict

Reaction score
I was hoping someone would have some insight to this. I wonder if we can find a schematic someone knowledgeable on amp design could look for some similarities to other common designs.

iron broadsword

Reaction score
Well here's the schems: https://www.electronica-pt.com/esquema/audio/marshall/marshall-avt150-avt275-27295/

Lots and lots of ICs in that preamp and some diode clipping as well, but the reason the clean channel sounds so different is because it gets its gain from the preamp tube in it and not the solid state stuff like the other two channels. That channel is where it's at with this amp.. i used to boost the shit out of it with a boss CS1 of all things, with the compression set very low. Sounded quite good compared to the other two channels, but once i put the amp through a proper 1960 cab the two OD channels came alive

Latest posts