Is one amp enough?

Crikey

Reaction score
The moderators should have shut this down after the thread title emerged. I am deeply offended by the discussion of limiting our rockness to just one amp!!!
As protest i am seeking to flaunt my privileges and buy a 100 watt 2203
I hope it hurts others!! 😂

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
I will add, I think It's necessary to have multiple amps but they have to have different voicing. This allows you to truly appreciate each amp to the fullest. If you love one amp and play nothing but that amp then it can lose It's charm, it's all you know. When you jump over to say a Fender you can enjoy the hell out of that Fender and then when you come back to that rip roaring Marshall it will be even more amazing and then vice versa... I think the same idea works with woman too... The amps don't get jealous atleast and cost less.

Biff Maloy

Reaction score
Main reason I dumped a lot and got back to basics is I've tried quite a few amplifiers over the years and finally settled on what I like. I can justify owning about any tube amp but variety sends me down rabbit holes I've learned to avoid. This is the distraction I mentioned. It also simplifies any external gear like pedals or whatever. Dumped a bunch of those also. Since my Germino is built to late 60s Marshall specs the only pedal or 2 i care to use would be what was around then. Most of my influences are 60s and 70s with simple rigs anyway. I don't even look for the latest thing anymore.

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I've got all three of the Studio series, a 1 watt JMP, one of the handwired Fender Deluxe amps and a Champ clone. However, I pretty much only use my SC20c these days. I probably should sell some of my gear, especially when I played an open mic last night into a fairly basic Peavey combo and got a great sound out of that. Maybe it doesn't matter what I play through so long as it's loud enough for the venue...

JBA

Reaction score
Main reason I dumped a lot and got back to basics is I've tried quite a few amplifiers over the years and finally settled on what I like. I can justify owning about any tube amp but variety sends me down rabbit holes I've learned to avoid. This is the distraction I mentioned. It also simplifies any external gear like pedals or whatever. Dumped a bunch of those also. Since my Germino is built to late 60s Marshall specs the only pedal or 2 i care to use would be what was around then. Most of my influences are 60s and 70s with simple rigs anyway. I don't even look for the latest thing anymore.
Man, this is so true!