Is Guitar Center pretty much Daddy's Junky Music now?

Kutt

Reaction score
I live in the heart of what was once Daddy's Junky Music territory. Some of the gear I still own came from there. Seems like a bit of an apples n' oranges comparison.

Used gear in stores was a lot cooler and more exciting back in the DJM days because Craigslist, eBay, and Reverb weren't around until the tail end of things. We really only had the Want Ad and word of mouth. There would be a steady rotation of gear coming and going back then and they would transfer between stores for free. There's just not the same rate of gear turnover at GC.

I yearn for pre-millennium days for multiple reasons.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
:agreed:

Me too. This current future sucks. This isn't what I was told it would be. No jet pack, no flying car, no robot servants, no laser gun, no rocket ship...but what I do have is a bad back and knee, expanding waiste line, and ever increasing greys and wrinkles.

On the bright side I still have all my hair.

Last edited:

AlvisX

Garage Guerrilla
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My experience with GC in the last year is that their used inventory has kinda gone down ....especially in-store
That being said, Ive had good luck finding specific pieces Ive been lookin for .
It's like a constant search GC used online every day for a month ....and the thing you're lookin for might just pop up

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
They have a few good items, and the place looks like a dump.

yeah it was like that for a good while here after a few months into you know what.
looked like a salvage store. i think we have 8 now within a short drive from me.
the couple that ive seen in the last month or two have started what appeared to be
a upward swing. but i dont go often enough to know if that was just the day i was there
or if they really were looking up. i dont need any more crap so i dont go like i use to.

DaDoc

Reaction score
I live in the heart of what was once Daddy's Junky Music territory. Some of the gear I still own came from there. Seems like a bit of an apples n' oranges comparison.

Used gear in stores was a lot cooler and more exciting back in the DJM days because Craigslist, eBay, and Reverb weren't around until the tail end of things. We really only had the Want Ad and word of mouth. There would be a steady rotation of gear coming and going back then and they would transfer between stores for free. There's just not the same rate of gear turnover at GC.

Amen, brother!

DaDoc

Reaction score

Me too. This current future sucks. This isn't what I was told it would be. No jet pack, no flying car, no robot servants, no laser gun, no rocket ship...but what I do have is a bad back and knee, expanding waiste line, and ever increasing greys and wrinkles.

Same here!

And by now we were supposed to be in the ultra-enlightened Aquarian age of Utopia in which the whole world was singing and drinking Coca Cola..But that didn't happen either! :lol:

I guess people are still drinking Coke though, although these days there's too damned many variations to choose from..:scratch:

tubes

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

i don't know why you have hair. You are probably cheating.

One reason why the future sucks is the delay in plexi-glass deliveries.

I was shown this, in movies and TV shows: in the future all our appliances will have a plexi-glass bubble.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Same here!

And by now we were supposed to be in the ultra-enlightened Aquarian age of Utopia in which the whole world was singing and drinking Coca Cola..But that didn't happen either! :lol:

I guess people are still drinking Coke though, although these days there's too damned many variations to choose from..:scratch:

give me Classic.

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
i don't know why you have hair. You are probably cheating.

One reason why the future sucks is the delay in plexi-glass deliveries.

I was shown this, in movies and TV shows: in the future all our appliances will have a plexi-glass bubble.
Just lucky. I guess another good thing about the future is Rogaine and the little blue pill for men.

For those who need it.

Not you of course! :cheers: