Incoming NGD Fender Jazzmaster

Heiko Jakob

Reaction score
Since i bought my Tele last year i though i would be off gas. No new guitar for 1 year !

But 3 weeks ago i bought another Gibson Les Paul Custom and i thought it would be *just* another guitar after a year of no notable gear and i yet did not have any custom shop guitars ...

So today I tumbled across a Fender American Professional II Jazzmaster, rosewood fretboard, mercury silver body, 2 pancake pickups, on reverb. Knowing that i still don't have a Jazzmaster in my collection i had a reason to buy.
So I just decided to buy it before prices adjust to the tumbling €. Another reason to buy
I'm back into gear addiction syndrome. Pictures will follow next week when the jazzmaster arrives.

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
Since i bought my Tele last year i though i would be off gas. No new guitar for 1 year !

But 3 weeks ago i bought another Gibson Les Paul Custom and i thought it would be *just* another guitar after a year of no notable gear and i yet did not have any custom shop guitars ...

So today I tumbled across a Fender American Professional II Jazzmaster, rosewood fretboard, mercury silver body, 2 pancake pickups, on reverb. Knowing that i still don't have a Jazzmaster in my collection i had a reason to buy.
So I just decided to buy it before prices adjust to the tumbling €. Another reason to buy
I'm back into gear addiction syndrome. Pictures will follow next week when the jazzmaster arrives.
sounds kinda like your not to happy with your purchases so you keep looking for that magic.

Heiko Jakob

Reaction score
sounds kinda like your not to happy with your purchases so you keep looking for that magic.
No. It was more of a: what do i buy before the money get's even more worthless? The Euro has lost about 20% against the also weak $US. So i thought i'd buy another US made guitar before sellers adjust their prices.

benderb9

Reaction score
just leave the upper 'rhythm' switch down and it's all normal. When switched up it's choked it off slightly and the two thumb wheels give volume and tone to tweak it with. I rewired both my JM and Jaguar and changed out all the electrronics. THAT is a maze of wiring lol.

jmac

Reaction score
There it is ... great surf sound, but the controls drive me nuts.
View attachment 111426
I appreciate everyone that uses every option of the rhythm circuit on these things, but I'm of the same mindset as you when it comes to the controls; it's just too much for my feeble mind, so I opted for an Am Pro I model as it just seemed to tick more boxes for me. That silver finish is just beautiful with the rosewood board! Enjoy all of the surfy goodness out of that thing as I'm sure it plays\sounds beastly!

PaulHikeS2

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love my Jazzmaster. Easily my most comfortable guitar to play seated. Since the rhythm circuit is the neck pup with the tone rolled back, I use it as a quick switch to a kind of woman tone for some bluesy lead lines. That's the only "useful" tone I can get from it.