I'll Be Dead In 18 Years

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by ido1957, Jan 1, 2019.

1. ido1957

ido1957 Active Member

According to the average male lifespan in Canada. Seems soon and not soon...

2. Coronado

Coronado Well-Known Member

I hear ya. 18 years doesn't seem that far off - I remember 2000/2001 like it was just a few years back.

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  3. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

N
    Now is the time to really focus on health and fitness. :yesway:

slide222 likes this.
  4. ido1957

ido1957 Active Member

I am focused on my guitar playing now that I have retired. I have a few musical goals that I would like to reach before my hands are crippled by arthritis. Nothing grand just personal targets. I could lose a few pounds and do take BP Meds but I'm reasonable healthy and active.

5. Obi Plexi-nobi

Obi Plexi-nobi Well-Known Member

Excess Sugar (incl. carbs) & elevated levels of Insulin over extended periods of time is being found to be at the genesis of nearly ALL chronic illness leading to premature aging/death.

6. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member

If i could make an accurate prediction on when i would die there would be some kick ass shit goin down baby.

7. Obi Plexi-nobi

Check out 'Wheat Belly' by William Davis, MD

or Jason Fung, Nephrologist

or Dr. Eric Berg, DC

They all have decent YouTube Channels/Videos

8. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Premium Member

Sugar and man made chemical additives along with overly processed foods are the worst!

9. JohnH

JohnH Well-Known Member

Oh Sh!t! , I just ate McDonalds!

let me rephrase that....

Oh Mac! I just ate Sh!t !

10. slide222

slide222 Well-Known Member

stop smoking , and exersize everyday , even for 20mins-older generations don't consider keeping themselves fit as a alternative , over 50's need to do something to improve longevity ,its a fact of life
    diabeties has become massive in the world , and is a big problem for the future
    I am type 1 and have been for very neally 20 years , and its a nightmare to live with and makes taking medicines a nightmare as most have some form of hidden sugars
    which has been complicated since my diagnosis, of kidney cancer in the summer of 2009, and then when it went as a secondry to my brain in 2011,
    I have been weight training for over 2 years now , something I did for many years 25 years ago , and with the help of radiopherapy, and cyberknife gamma , and gamma knife and a herb and a mushroom I have recently been told I am asymptomatic , and can apply to drive again so my forms are off and I wait to hear

I really hope I can drive again as I spent years driving 46 miles to my local beach to kite landboard , and I can then get playing live again
    positive regular exersize will help you in every way
    the bbc reported afew months ago strength training is the best form of exersize for the over 50's

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  11. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

A big part of it are your genes, my dad's diet consists of sugar, caffeine and fat for the last 88 years and he's kicking strong LOL.

12. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member

One of my Great grandpas lived to be 100...
    One Grandma lived to be 99
    My parents are both 84
    Looks like it's gonna be long and drawn out

13. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

Love me my Coke Zero ! Hey, no sugar, no calories !! Life is good. :cheers::lol:

14. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

Those of us with brain injuries and other neurological problems cannot have that stuff. There are alternatives but unfortunately they are pricey.

15. Obi Plexi-nobi

I asked a personal trainer what the BEST exercise was to tighten the belly. He said, "Don't eat after 5pm".:nono:

Fasting between Supper & a late Breakfast (6pm-10am) is the cheapest, simplest way to improve the way you feel. 16 hours without food gives the body's Glucose, Insulin & sodium levels a chance to level off. As a former late-night TV snacker, I guess I didn't realize that Breakfast = 'Breaking-Your-Fast'...:idea:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  16. Obi Plexi-nobi

I've been drinking either weak, unsweetend iced tea, black coffee, or plenty of filtered water.

Fruit juice 'spikes' your blood sugar. I used to drink green veggie-juice after watching, 'Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead', but that stuff tastes like sh*t. Need to get back to occasional juicing though. Bitter greens are good for you.:sick::yum:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  17. JacksonCharvelAddict

JacksonCharvelAddict Well-Known Member

The wife had me switched completely to unsweetened tea and then I had a soda last month and have been buying it ever since. Part of the problem is remembering they have tea when we eat out. it is far too easy to say coke or pepsi or whatever.

18. Obi Plexi-nobi

I know what you mean. My grandfather was born in 1899 and lived to be 99 1/2. He put 5 teaspoons sugar on his cereal/in his coffee every day & chewed Red Man tobacco for decades. But he was a hard worker all his life, ate Bran cereals every day, & was not subjected to all the enviromental toxins & teratogens that society is exposed to today (fluoride, vaccine overload, microwaved food, herbicide/pesticide overload, excessive steroids in meat supply, cell-phone radiation (4G, 5G), wireless internet).

People can argue that these don't affect us (and that's ok), but there is evidence that the accumulated presence of all these things isn't beneficial for the human organism. Check out the film 'The Gerson Miracle' on DVD. Very good, IMO.

19. Obi Plexi-nobi

I know!:agreed: I keep getting 75% Sprite w/ 25% orange Fanta 'mix'!:cool:
    Addiction is rough, ain't it..?:applause:

I had NO problem giving up drugs/ alcohol all those years ago, but carbs/sugar is a real b*tch.. :eek:

20. BanditPanda

BanditPanda Well-Known Member

No buddy the fast is only between the time you go to sleep and the time you wake up.!!
    BP