I want to get our little boy dolls

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Alligatorbling, Oct 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marshall Stack

Marshall Stack Well-Known Member

That is funny, my friend and I did something similar. He had a model of a Stuka and we put bottle rockets under the wings to shoot at soldiers. After awhile the Stuka melted from the heat. Good times..

2. Marshall Stack

If you are ever willing to share your experience here, I would love to hear them.

3. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

That alone would be a “Book” all by itself:usa:

But days I will always remember and my team that I spent all those tours with.....Today we still are in touch with each other and my CO as well...When I started my Naval journey it was stated that we will be forever tied to each other...and they were right...Was it tough?yeah...but well worth the outcome....

We do take the time once yearly to all get together....:agreed:

I do think the spouses enjoy it as much as we do...:cheers:

4. jmp45

jmp45 Well-Known Member

That is some funny stuff ;)

Mitchell Pearrow, pedecamp and DaDoc like this.
  5. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Ah, those poor little green army dudes..:ohno:

How many of them got fried or blown up back in the day at the hands of us rotten kids? :lol:

Funny thing though, none of us grew up to go into our high schools and shoot our classmates..The weirdest thing that I remember from my high school days was one guy, who was basically the village idiot, pulled a knife on one of the bus drivers, "hijacked" the bus and had the driver take him someplace and drop him off! He got arrested and wound up in a place called High Rise, which was basically juvenile prison. There was another kid who got in trouble for laying out of school and calling in bomb threats to the high schools in our county so they would close for the day, but that was pretty much it.

I think kids, boys especially, need to get aggression out of our systems. The human male is naturally aggressive, it's in our DNA..Nowadays the mindset is "Shield them from anything having to do with violence!" Or else parents let them play extremely violent, bloody video games that blur fantasy from real life. IMO either of those are detrimental to a kid's upbringing..Thus we have the wackjobs and basketcases that are setting the cities on fire right now..:noplease:

OK, I'll stop playing the armchair psychologist! :nono: :lol:

IMO the key is taking time to BE WITH your kids, if you have a son BE A DAD and do GUY stuff with him..Which (again in IMHO) doesn't include playing with friggin' dolls! I should add here I did have the little green soldiers, and later G.I. Joes..Although I never got into the whole G.I. Joe trip like a lot of the other kids did.

My Dad taught me how to shoot a rifle and hunt, how to fish, how to build a campfire, how to follow a trail, how to keep from getting lost and survive in the wild, how to use tools and work with wood, and was the first to teach me the fundamentals on the guitar..He was a great guy and has been gone for a good many years..I still miss him, and I'll always be grateful for the life lessons he taught me! :thumbs:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  6. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

Maybe you should write a book, might become a best-seller!

We have a guy that lives across the street from us, super nice, really mellow-acting dude.

I had met him at work as we both worked for the same place, but never got super chummy with him, and then him and his wife moved into the neighborhood. Then last summer I was talking to a mutual aquaintence who owns the lot next to him, and he told me the guy was an Airborne Ranger and combat veteran who saw a LOT of action over in places like Afganistan, and had written a book about his experiences over there that was apparently doing really well!

I hope he stays here..He's a great neighbor, and definitely would be a good guy to have around in case the shit ever hits the fan! :usa:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  7. Trident

I often had that thought...but I am such a country “Hillbilly” I would get laughed @ over my english..Lol
    I never thought in a million years I could become a part of such a great “Team” of brothers.....and all the sisters that kept us straight!

Fortunately, I live next to an few prior military Ranger, Logistics, and Delta Force members....If all hell broke we could have a field day:usa:

also being within a few minutes of SOCOM and all others, its a good feeling...I would not care how old I get, if it ever came down to it....we all would be on the front....Guess I am just “Hillbilly” Proud....:woot:

8. Marshall Stack

"Hillbillies are some of the best soldiers. Look at Sergeant York and Audie Murphy...

9. Trident

In any case..I know I am “Hillbilly Proud” :woot:

Just about every month we gather up our toys and hit the range.....There are some closer, but they can’t take our certain rifles @ their indoor facilities...They would blow the back of the building out...:rofl:

So we have to hit the base:agreed:

“YEEE HAWWWW PAWW”:usa:

Mitchell Pearrow, DaDoc and 500 Mike like this.
  10. MarshallDog

MarshallDog Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Yes that would be a problem. Just like those 5-10 year olds you see walking around sucking their thumbs...not right!

Mitchell Pearrow, Biddlin and Sapient like this.
  11. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Speaking of dolls women better up their game:

[​IMG]

12. LPMarshall hack

LPMarshall hack Well-Known Member

I remember the green army men were the Americans, the gray ones were the Germans, and yellow ones were the Japanese!

lol

imagine that nowadays

13. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

They made cowboys and indians too, cowboys were brown and indians red LOL.

14. LPMarshall hack

LPMarshall hack Well-Known Member

Forgot about those guys! I had those too...lol

15. Sapient

Sapient Life Coach & Birthday       Planner Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

That was racist to make the cowboys brown.

jmp45 and MarshallDog like this.
  16. pedecamp

pedecamp Well-Known Member

When I transitioned out of playing with these things and into building models I spent many hours painting these little people with toothpicks! Crazy! They all ended up getting burned up with lighter fluid in the end LOL.

17. MonstersOfTheMidway

MonstersOfTheMidway Well-Known Member

@OP: I'm no authority, but I say go ahead and get him "dolls"/action figures/etc., so long as that is what he wants.

It's important to listen to him and get him what he wants (or what you are almost certain he will want). That's important for a variety of reasons, such as you don't want to be picking up/putting away stuff that will take up space because he doesn't want to play with something he never wanted in the first place.

If it were me and my four-year-old asked me for a female doll to go along with he males, I'd do it. I'd suggest to him a great-looking Wonder Woman, great-looking Black Widow, WWE female action figure, or a real slutty looking Barbie. If he has other ideas, I'd probably go in that direction first.

Mitchell Pearrow and MarshallDog like this.
  18. Sapient

Sapient Life Coach & Birthday       Planner Silver Supporting Member Platinum Supporting Member

He can flip them over and make them "69".

That should be encouraged too. :metal:

19. MarshallDog

LOL you sicko:D

Mitchell Pearrow and Sapient like this.
  20. MarshallDog

Sex dolls dont fart!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.