I own DSL20 and 40cr. Should I sell the 20 for an Orange Tiny Terror? ($400)

phase27

Reaction score
Not all Orange amps sound the same. I guarantee my AD30 sounds nothing like that Tiny Terror.

Good point. A Marshall Origin wouldn't tell me anything about a Marshall DSL. Just going on what I can find close to me. I demo'd an OR15, and a Micro Dark. Then Youtube'd comparisons between those and the TT. Bout the best I can do short of playing a TT for myself.

Andytones74

Reaction score
Don't assume that the Tiny Terror is representative of Orange amps. Just because you didn't like the TT doesn't mean you wouldn't love something else.
Yup that's true , haven't tried any of the others

GlideOn

Reaction score
Tiny Terror and AD30 are EL84 power section. They saturate and distort faster at the expense of some headroom.

Rockers are EL34. These sound bigger because the tubes are bigger and put out more power, greater headroom, greater fidelity.

The Micros are interesting beasts - they have solid state power sections that don't particularly sound like EL84 nor El34 brethren, but this does lend a unique clarity and headroom impressive for a 20w platform. I think they work better as a small amp solution for these reasons. They just need a bright cap, imho

Mystic38

Reaction score
Ha, yeah I'm down with all of that. Good perspective. Here's another question for you @Mystic38 since it looks like you have some Orange stuff.

The TT combo I was looking at is $275. I also just found a PPC112 for $200. I could get a Micro head used for cheap to go with that. So for around $275 - $325 in either event, does one or the other seem like a better set up to you?

While the MT is a nice little amp, the tiny terror has overall a far better tone imo .. power tube saturation is part of its schtick (just like the AD30 and original Rocker 30).. so at the same price equivalency the TT is the better deal.. and a classic

phase27

Reaction score
While the MT is a nice little amp, the tiny terror has overall a far better tone imo .. power tube saturation is part of its schtick (just like the AD30 and original Rocker 30).. so at the same price equivalency the TT is the better deal.. and a classic
Great context! I ordered a TT combo from Guitar Center for $350 and it will be here Friday. Stoked to finally have one!

Latest posts