I brought you Dua Lipa and now

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea, she's good, no doubt.

I've never said I was even good. In fact I play the negative side more, I'd say. Down to earth?

I might be wrong, but I’m getting that you expect to become a great singer in a month.
I’m not saying it cant be done. Just saying I’ve never heard of it being done.

Dio equals= years of covers; Elf; Butterfly Ball; Black Sabbath; decades of live singing; etc……. and most importantly calling yourself God(Dio) so that everyone knows you’re it and a bit!

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Well, I was at least seeking one significant piece of vocal advice from you since you sing well.

So far I've heard: I sound like Ringo. Breath through my mouth. Really? And that I sound like I have goiter.

Awesome.

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I was at least seeking one significant piece of vocal advice from you since you sing well.

So far I've heard: I sound like Ringo. Breath through my mouth. Really? And that I sound like I have goiter.

Awesome.

You pays your money and you takes your chance.

We can discuss it publically. Galileo Galilei never set up his telescope in a cave to shoot the stars.

Last edited:

Sapient

 
Reaction score
Because it would have blocked his view otherwise. ;)

Ok, since it's public than it's about all of us here. Please tell us ...

Did you actually learn to sing from the point of not being able to sing? (You sort of implied you've put time and effort into it. Some just learn to hone in on a skill that they actually already have.)

Did you sing as a kid?

Did you sing through voice change?

The reason I ask the last two is because I believe people that are seen a "born with it" were not at all. If you sing as a child I believe there is no passaggio to deal with. Any kid can do it, not that their pitch will be perfect. What I mean is there are no different vocal registers and special techniques to work with them to sound an illusion that they are all one. If they then sing through voice change it will happen for them - they will be able to sing with their adult voice.

Now the person that meets them at 20 years old says .."Wow you sing well are you trained?". The singer says "No, ..I guess it just comes natural".

Get it? :)

"You pays your money and you takes your chance."

Not for those 3 questions. Lol.

YouTube has been a wealth of information. In a sense I've had many lessons that I would not know otherwise. I could go nitty gritty into some things Just from a knowledge perspective but it would bore everyone to death. Singing is like a sport, I know how to play the game, but I haven't been doing it long enough to get the ball in the net. (pitch, say.)

Last edited:

Australian

Green Beret
VIP Member
Reaction score
Because it would have blocked his view otherwise. ;)

Ok, since it's public than it's about all of us here. Please tell us ...

Did you actually learn to sing from the point of not being able to sing? (You sort of implied you've put time and effort into it. Some just learn to hone in on a skill that they actually already have.)

Did you sing as a kid?

Did you sing through voice change?

The reason I ask the last two is because I believe people that are seen a "born with it" were not at all. If you sing as a child I believe there is no passaggio to deal with. Any kid can do it, not that their pitch will be perfect. What I mean is there are no different vocal registers and special techniques to work with them to sound an illusion that they are all one. If they then sing through voice change it will happen for them - they will be able to sing with their adult voice.

Now the person that meets them at 20 years old says .."Wow you sing well are you trained?". The singer says "No, ..I guess it just comes natural".

Get it? :)

"You pays your money and you takes your chance."

Not for those 3 questions. Lol.

YouTube has been a wealth of information. In a sense I've had many lessons that I would not know otherwise. I could go nitty gritty into some things Just from a knowledge perspective but it would bore everyone to death. Singing is like a sport, I know how to play the game, but I haven't been doing it long enough to get the ball in the net. (pitch, say.)

You’re the grasshopper that doesnt know why he’s not Tiger Woods and who denies that Tiger as a child was out there often hitting balls out of the bunker for fun until twilight before he could talk.

But seriously. When you’re 52 you ‘ve got two things against you.
1/ not enough time
2/ too much money and material possession.
(2 caused 1.)

I cant help with time marching forward, but I can help if you want to unload a guitar or two. I’ll pay for shipping. :)

This way I can help you shift from the idea that singing is a sport, and move it into the region it belongs in: spiritual.
Even Zepplins gears began to grind in direct ratio to material possession. When it was in the bank it was ok, but when they started owning bricks and mortar and guitar museums they did a shift.

What has this got to do with singing?
It’s nearly all false, but you read it.
Can you sift through applicable data and dross? Are you a vacuum or a hammer? That is the question. :coffee: :idea:

You say, “I’ve been digging for gold for 6 months and still havnt found gold! “ Whah whah the spoilt brat you are used to success in everything you do.
Where are you digging grasshopper? The gold rush is thataway.

Back to materialism. :hippie:

Last edited: