I Bought A 1950's Gibson Les Paul From Good Will

Discussion in 'Guitars' started by axe4me, Oct 24, 2020.

1. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

2. AlvisX

AlvisX Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

I saw a 56 jnr in a thrift store in Virginia around '01....but it was like $1500 ,which at that time ,I wasn't payin ...in a thrift store , for a guitar i used to buy for under 400

Lookin back ,it was probably the market price at the time

Mitchell Pearrow and El Gringo like this.
  3. El Gringo

El Gringo Well-Known Member

Just like me somewhere in the mid to late 90's i was offered a vintage Gibson PAF for $500 bucks and i was like -no way i can find one elsewhere cheaper - ha ha on me big time . I wish i had the cash at the time and purchased it for the sake of having it and using it and comparing it to other humbuckers . Big mistake as the same guy had another one either this year or late last year for $2500 bucks ( both pickups had double black coils ) In that price range for me it's starts to get into Les Paul buying money and i can't justify/rationalize that amount of coin on a pickup versus a axe with the Gibson logo that is single cut with a nice figure on the maple top and some variation of the sunburst finish .

Mitchell Pearrow likes this.
  4. lespaul339

lespaul339 Well-Known Member

There's an old lady in a town near by me that has an old all original 50's Les Paul JR in tv yellow. She used to be a guitar teacher back in the day, and she bought it new back then to teach her students with. I've never seen it in person, but a friend told me about it. He knows her. He tried getting her to sell it a few years ago and she wouldn't. She knows what it's worth too. I guess my point is that some of these old guitars are still out there. The collectors haven't gotten to them all yet.