I’m not sure if I have a legal case.

mtm105

Reaction score
Oil company installed generator with propane. They hooked up stove originally designed for gas. It needed adapters. They installed only adapters avail from manufacturer for rangetop.

Oven manufacturer said no adaptor for oven. Oil company told me, after going back & forth, oven safe to use. Week later oil company inspector validated system.

Another week later, with trepidation, or wife uses oven. CO2 alarm going off when I came home. Turns out oven leaked CO2. Next day a team of 4 came over and fixed after I threatened to go legal.

We had Rescue Squad check our vitals that night. Fire Dept went through house almost 2 hours clearing out the air.

No one was injured. How do they inspect professionally for safety, and we could have died?? Can I sue without injury?

ricksdisconnected

Reaction score
sure you can sue but doesnt mean you can win.
besides in a case like this they can out lawyer you and
run you out of money by taking forever to go to court, unless
you can find a lawyer to do this pro bono

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Can I sue without injury?
no, in a lawsuit, you must claim injury, as you are suing for injury/damages incurred.

If you start off by saying there was no damage/injury, there's no case to be had - case dismissed...

mtm105

Reaction score
no, in a lawsuit, you must claim injury, as you are suing for injury/damages incurred.

If you start off by saying there was no damage/injury, there's no case to be had - case dismissed...
This is the answer that I know is right, but I don’t want to hear.

What is the point of certifying an inspection, when in fact, inspection ignored a fundamental key issue, life threatening??

Torren61

Reaction score
Did it cost you money? If so, you can take the offending party to small claims court as long as it was less than $5000. Then you won't have to worry about their attorneys. If not, you got nothing and the only thing you can do is speak to the head of the department for whom they work.

PelliX

Reaction score
I presume you mean CO vs CO2. Carbon monoxide = killer, carbon dioxide = harmless neutral gas.