How's this for some early Plexi action?

PowerTube44

Reaction score
A couple of things I didn't catch at first:

1. The guys by the amps, passing a joint. :applause:

2. Wayne Kramer's side shuffle move may be the coolest thing I've ever seen on stage. I can't believe I haven't seen that before.

3. They switch lead singers.

jcm800gridlock

Reaction score
A couple of things I didn't catch at first:

1. The guys by the amps, passing a joint. :applause:

2. Wayne Kramer's side shuffle move may be the coolest thing I've ever seen on stage. I can't believe I haven't seen that before.

3. They switch lead singers.
First “Moon Walk”?

PowerTube44

Reaction score
Chuck laid out 90% of the cool guitar moves 10 years before everyone else :D
After you said the above, I went looking for a video of Chuck Berry doing that side shuffle, but I haven't found one yet. He definitely had some great moves, though.

jeffb

Reaction score
After you said the above, I went looking for a video of Chuck Berry doing that side shuffle, but I haven't found one yet. He definitely had some great moves, though.

The BBC concert from 72 or whatever is great. But I saw him do that one on much older footage, it was in black & white, so I'm guessing 50s or early/mid 60s.

Markedman

Reaction score
This video made a huge impression on me so I showed it to the guys in the band today and we all agreed that we should be more like this band. Raw emotions and musical movements that seem spontaneous yet rock with the music make for fun shit to watch.

Damn the tan pants with their music stands, playing "Mustang Sally", bands, that is bullshit.

It's the loud shit, the energy, the good vibrations from watching and hearing bands like MC5, I like.

PowerTube44

Reaction score
This video made a huge impression on me so I showed it to the guys in the band today and we all agreed that we should be more like this band. Raw emotions and musical movements that seem spontaneous yet rock with the music make for fun shit to watch.

Damn the tan pants with their music stands, playing "Mustang Sally", bands, that is bullshit.

It's the loud shit, the energy, the good vibrations from watching and hearing bands like MC5, I like.
There's an old saying: "It's not what you say, but how you say it."

Now personally, I've always completely sucked at "stage moves." I guess I'm on the shy side. But imagine early Van Halen on stage where they're just standing motionless. Or AC/DC, etc...

Latest posts