How do you store your guitars?

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
I put some of my good ones in cases lay them flat on my bedroom floor. It is crowded and I should put them sideways for more space but in my mind in thinking that is not good for the guitar although I see people store them like that. Just wondering what other people do..

Sapient

 
Reaction score
When it's damp, I store mine with the headstock wedged logo-up in a vice. The body remains fully suspended.

(eventually someone will "get" this.)

Last edited:

matt3310

Reaction score
zalAbS7.jpg

axe4me

Reaction score
I recently bought a Project Source Shelf at Lowe's to store my guitars in my music room.

The guitars are in their cases and tagged.

TXOldRedRocker

Where's the exit?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 of my 12 hang together. I have an acoustic on a single floor stand nearby. 2 others are for sale, one is in its case. Designated for playing at the office, someday when I go back to my office a couple days a week.

HangingGuitars20220101.jpg

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
I have a couple on wall hangers - both newer guitars with no sentimental value.
My more "cherished" guitars I keep in cases. Mostly I stand the cases upright but one acoustic stays on a table on it's back so it's easy to get to.
This time of year the acoustics have in-case humidifiers.

Derek S

Reaction score
Hangers for me...they're the perfect option in a tight space. I also just love the look of that - when I walk into my little jam room it feels like a mini guitar shop seeing them up on the wall, waiting for me to chose one, sit down and play it like I did as a kid in music stores (with no intent on buying...but now they're actually mine :naughty:).

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
Prefer hangers the most but if I have to I store them in hard cases. In the cases they're either flat on the floor or upright on end. The only time they are on a stand is if I'm playing one and need to set it down.

El Gringo

Reaction score
Always on stands and breathing the air and not in a dry case where humidity can't get to them . During the heating/winter season our homes get dry and thus I run 2 humidifiers to have a relative humidity level between 40-45% which is ideal and in the summer time with the windows open . When the seasons change there can be flucuations and that can cause necks to go out of wack and also cause dreaded finish checks or worse . I learned this a long time ago , and yes it certainly is a pain in the fanny to come home after work every day and have to fill those water tanks and then clean them once a week and also the Martin has one of those snake it damp thing which clips on one of the strings and you run it under water to soak it for a second and wipe off excess water and clip it onto one of the strings into the sound hole , because the paper thin spruce top will check in a second . Pain in the neck but it's a must to properly maintain the herd at home for myself .

Last edited:

lespaul339

Reaction score
Right now almost all of mine are in their cases being stored at the moment while I finish up my studio I'm working on. But I usually just keep them out in the open on this fender stand rack:
0991017500-large.jpg

Sapient

 
Reaction score
8 of my 12 hang together. I have an acoustic on a single floor stand nearby. 2 others are for sale, one is in its case. Designated for playing at the office, someday when I go back to my office a couple days a week.

View attachment 101305

You have a Custom Classic as well! Cool. Love that Appetite. I'll trade you for it.

dptone5

Reaction score
In cases, on their side, in my basement. Run a dehumidifier in the summer but it's dry down there in the winter, so they stay in the case. I have wall hangers for when I want to see them.