How Do You Ride Thru Life

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by tone seaker, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Mitchell Pearrow

Mitchell Pearrow Well-Known Member VIP Member

So very true Vin, as I have seen it firsthand! Cheers Mitch

stringtree likes this.
  2. drriff

drriff Well-Known Member

I ride this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

3. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Certified B.S. Launcher Double Platinum Supporting Member

At the moment I'm coasting at a rather high speed, in neutral. Just stepped off of a quick but sweet interlude with a precious Cajun girl whose ass was mine but whose heart knows no home.

I'm a lucky and cursed fool with a life full of accelerators and brake pedals....

Accelerators:
    I've got machines that will make a dead man's adrenaline peg the meter. My 18 ft V bottom drag boat will do 60 in under 3 seconds and over 100mph in 1/8 mile. My supercharged F150 can catch my drag boat at about 70mph and do high tens in the 1/4 mile. Ibanez Roadstar, Fender Showblaster, any SG or the Mockingbird into the Mesa TC100 or JMP 2203 are certain to make any axe slinger's socks roll.up and down.....

More accelerators:
    I've got enough business to keep me working until the end of time, and if I crammed the schedule together tight, I could make enough to afford just about anything I could dream up on this Earth.......

The Brakes:
    ......and yet, here I am, coasting at about 85mph in neutral, because I can't make one crazy-ass female fall in love with me

More brakes:
    I also have an ex with COPD, no money and nowhere to go, who I've let stay in my home for three years now. The ultra buzz-killin, cock blockin, blues-inducing drag from Hades

Some fine day something's gonna break, something's gonna spin an insert or throw a rod....might be me...meanwhile, clutch to the floorboard and eyes closed tight while I pray for peace and a clear path into the future

4. Nik Henville

Nik Henville Well-Known Member

Eastern Seaboard, the nook-shotten isle of Albion
    Fuck that... gas-pedal to the floorboard and power through .

"Peace" is over-rated...

Wooferhead1 likes this.
  5. ampmadscientist

ampmadscientist Well-Known Member

The nuclear option?

6. harleytech

harleytech Well-Known Member

With This... 1972 Monte Carlo, Big Block 402 - 12 bolt Posi rear end...
    Rode Harley's for 30 plus years, Now after 3 back surgeries and a left hip replacement This is my ride..
    [​IMG]

7. BftGibson

BftGibson Well-Known Member

i wake up..bring it on!!!..i smile. i serve..and my faith is strong !! but promised my wife..when her brain heals and she can drive again..she gets a 1 owner 1977 Pontaic Trans Am t tops black gold eagle..so i be riding nice ...harleys gone..muscle cars are gone..almst got creamed on the bike sitting at red light..they hit me..my sister got creamed on hers..stopped at an intersection and got pushed into a major road..pieces everywhere ..lucky full leathers were on

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
  8. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

You have an ex that's been living with you for three years? Wow, now that's kind hearted!

None of my business really, but could that have something to do with your Cajun sweetie being a bit on the cold side? Just sayin'.

Here's hoping things get better for you..:hippie:

Trelwheen likes this.
  9. DaDoc

DaDoc Well-Known Member

I've wanted a Harley for years now, but there's a couple of things holding me up..

1) My wife is 100% against it..

2) Just too damn dangerous on the roads these days! It was bad enough before cell phones and texting while driving, and outta control road rage, but these days it's just insane!

3) The main reason..The bikes I'm interested in were made in the 40's and 50's..And a good one would cost almost as much as a good home does these days!

I also like vintage Indians. Back in the 70's you could score one of those for $500-$900 bucks, since everybody wanted a Harley..Not any more! Just like with vintage guitars and amps, If I had only had the foresight..:facepalm:

Wooferhead1 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  10. anitoli

anitoli Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Consider yourself a blessed man. I have a similar situation with a 6 foot tall, drop dead gorgeous, built like a brick shit house Ethiopian babe. At first i was a bit upset because she didn't want to take things to the next level but then i realized just how great i had it. I get everything i want, i get her, i get my freedom, i get companionship and my privacy. I don't have to answer to insecurities or jealousy because she doesn't seem to have any. If i want to hang with my friends she says "call me when you get back, have fun", and she can do the same. For me this is working great. Sometimes the best thin you can have is the thing you don't have.

11. BftGibson

i feel ya..its such a tough call, i love harleys and the freedom in the wind...but at 54 , when that person blew the red light at 60 and they hit my foot peg..it shook my bike..i don't know how i didn't drop the bike..then 3 months later my sis got creamed..we have been riders since young and respect the cycle way of of always yielding and anticipating people don't see a bike..also a deer jumped in front of me at 50 mph..i don't know how i didn't wreck then..it is isolated incidents..but from basically driving for a living vs the actual locksmith work..the roads are awful..chics putting make up on at 80 mph..texting...vapin..lol...i see too much and almost have a death experience on the road every week..now Sunday morning..back country roads in the summer...nothing beats the freedom of the wind..its tough..its a tough call

Wooferhead1 and Mitchell Pearrow like this.
  12. BftGibson

or your wife is a singer

13. tone seaker

tone seaker Well-Known Member

Where the Rock Rolls Hard and the Blues Rains Down
    I have had a few and they were old rigid frames Kick start only. Here is a pic of my last one i built myself :) motorcycle.jpg

14. axe4me

axe4me Well-Known Member

15. Trelwheen

Trelwheen Certified B.S. Launcher Double Platinum Supporting Member

Well put! Great thoughts