How do I hook up 4x12 cabinet to mg250 combo and have all 6 speakers working?

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by Dominick Pascarella, Feb 9, 2020.

?

I want to hook up a 4x12 cabinet to my Marshall mg250dfx 100 watt 2x12 combo and have all 6 speakers

1. How to do it

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. How do I get 6 speakers working

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Dominick Pascarella

Dominick Pascarella New Member

How do I get all 6 speakers working with my mg250dfx 2x12 combo and 4x12 cabinet.

2. SkyMonkey

SkyMonkey Well-Known Member

What Ohm rating are the internal speakers?

3. scott-colorado2016

scott-colorado2016 Well-Known Member

How many times are you going to ask this question?

4. Gunner64

Gunner64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Is this a Stereo amp?. If so You would need a stereo cab, or rewire one with left and right jacks, 2 speakers each jack. But if you don't have enough jacks on your amp for all the speakers, you'd have to have 2 y cables to hook them up in stereo..now here's the biggie, you'd have to be concerned about impedence of the speakers..you do not want less than 8 ohms each side or you eventially will roast the ouput chips.

I would run it as is, as just a combo amp, or into a stereo cab alone. One big pain in the ass to do what you're asking with that amp, and you really wouldn't gain as much as you'd think.

If its the speakers in the cab you like you could swap them with the combo speakers, but be sure your load is 8 ohms or greater.

5. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Well-Known Member Sponsor

I looked this amp up, not much on it online. I found a pic on eBay of one. It's got two speaker output jacks, but it seems they have each speaker wired separately to each jack. You'd have to rewire the speaker wires so they both ran off of one speaker output jack. Then you'd probably need two 8 ohm speakers internal to the cab wired in series for a 16 ohm load on one output jack. Then you could hook up a 16 ohm 4x12 to the other jack.