Hot Mod V2 EVO in Studio Classic!

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does this Hot Mod affect the low sensitivity channel/input?

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does this Hot Mod affect the low sensitivity channel/input?
I don't know. I never use it. Not cause it sux. I get all my tones using the volume/tone knobs including cleans. However I do have the LM version so I can't say.

I love these modules though!

Old Punker

Reaction score
Awesome tone man! :applause:

Have you compared the HMV2 to attempting the same tone with just a boost pedal (like SD-1) out front instead? Any difference?

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
Awesome tone man! :applause:

Have you compared the HMV2 to attempting the same tone with just a boost pedal (like SD-1) out front instead? Any difference?
My 2 cents, while I love the Hot Mod V2 in my 2203x, I found the SC20 with the Hot Mod V2 to be too thin and trebley for my taste. The SC20 is already lacking the low end punch of the 2203x, and it took the amp further away in that respect (IMO). In the end, I preferred the 2203x with the Hot Mod, and the SC20 without. Can't speak to the LM version, as I didn't try one.

Last edited:

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents, while I love the Hot Mod V2 in my 2203x, I found the SC20 with the Hot Mod V2 to be too thin and trebley for my taste. The SC20 is already lacking the low end punch of the 2203x, and it took the amp further away in that respect (IMO). In the end, I preferred the 2203x with the Hot Mod, and the SC20 without. Can't speak to the LM version, as I didn't try one.
The LM is better. However the SC800 needs a 50 watt boost. You fuks that think 20 watts is fun? Must be lube. And tik tok.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
I really like the Lynch Mod version in my 2203x because of the gain pot on that version. But I have to admit that I REALLY like the tone you are getting with that V2. If they did a gain pot on that version, I would be all in!
Pretty simple to replace the 2 position switch on the V2 with a pot, if a guy were so inclined. I find the 2 position gain switch to be sufficient, or I'd do it in a heartbeat.

marshallmellowed

Reaction score
The LM is better. However the SC800 needs a 50 watt boost. You fuks that think 20 watts is fun? Must be lube. And tik tok.
Yes, I can imagine the LM, being more mid-focused, would be a better fit for the SC. I'd probably get the LM for my SC, if I were to try it again. The 2203x, with the Hot Mod V2, does everything I want, so there's really no need.

Last edited:

Brett336

Reaction score
Pretty simple to replace the 2 position switch on the V2 with a pot, if a guy were so inclined. I find the 2 position gain switch to be sufficient, or I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I figured that since the Lynch Mod version is hand wired (reason it was a limited run) it might be easier to change the voicing. From what I was told by the creator, every thing else is on a PCB - no way do I want to fool with that. In fact, I will not even mess with my Lynch Mod. I just don't have that kind of ambition these days and I would rather play with my band than a soldering iron.

And I just don't think unprecepable changes in tone is really appreciated by the dance crowd. In fact, I know they don't give a $#!+!...

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I can imagine the LM, being more mid-focused, would be a better fit for the SC. I'd probably get the LM for my SC, if I were to try it again. The 2203x, with the Hot Mod V2, does everything I want, so there's really no need.
It's funny but the only short coming for me is the 20 watts. Didn't think it would be an issue going into the purchase but I got to be honest. Big iron with the vintage Marshall circuits makes the amp. For me. Impact is part of the deal.

Love what the LM does for mine. The amp suffers low wattage. Big Sound field clipped. Course it will do fine power wise to the house system.

solarburnDSL50

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured that since the Lynch Mod version is hand wired (reason it was a limited run) it might be easier to change the voicing. From what I was told by the creator, every thing else is on a PCB - no way do I want to fool with that. In fact, I will not even mess with my Lynch Mod. I just don't have that kind of ambition these days and I would rather play with my band than a soldering iron.

And I just don't think unprecepable changes in tone is really appreciated by the dance crowd. In fact, I know they don't give a $#!+!...
It's not about them. Your hearing pleasure matters. Those fux in the crowd? Fuck em.:D

Latest posts