full

full

Last edited:

Arthur Winter

Reaction score

StingRay85

Reaction score
That's expensive for a greasy PA amp.

I paid 700 for an original Mark 3 PA 100 SC loaded with mullards and including 2 4x12 column speakers loaded with Fanes. They use the same transformers and chassis

playloud

Reaction score
They’ve been sitting for a while and they seem like a great deal. Which one would you get? Why do you want a PA head? I’m waiting for a cheap early sound city or Hiwatt head eventually

I'd get the 100 watt. Same power section as a DR103 and only minor differences in the preamp.

Would rather go the PA route because the price is <50% of the heads. More money leftover for Marshalls :)

That's expensive for a greasy PA amp.

I paid 700 for an original Mark 3 PA 100 SC loaded with mullards and including 2 4x12 column speakers loaded with Fanes. They use the same transformers and chassis

Is it really? There's something about the lead dress of the Hiwatts that seems worth paying for. It's an amp I don't feel is worth cloning, with my meager talents.

Arthur Winter

Reaction score
Lead dress? It's pretty useless as a PA amp, so it needs redoing in any case. You pay for the name.

Haha, that’s what’s in the back of my mind when I don’t see the mids knob on them...

I'd get the 100 watt. Same power section as a DR103 and only minor differences in the preamp.

Would rather go the PA route because the price is <50% of the heads. More money leftover for Marshalls :)

I’d get that one too and same thoughts, though I don’t know anything about the modding that’d need to be done to make it sound like one.

playloud

Reaction score

Latest posts