Heres a simple gain mod for the origin

daz

Reaction score
AC/DC levels of overdrive with gain on 10 even w/master on 1 and vintage fender singles, all preamp OD. Basically about as much distortion as you would get from a tube screamer with distortion knob full up and volume at 10:00, but w/o predals. Sings with a clean boost. Again, all done before the master even starts to drive the EL34's. Disables boost function but tilt remains. This is of course distortion generated in the preamp, much more distortion then u will need once the master is up but great for low volume playing, but gain rolls off to stock level at maybe noon if you want that dead clean. This way you can turn up to the volume you need with the master and if it needs more overdrive you can use the gain to add more and balance pre and power OD. One wire, mod. PM if you want details and i'll give you the jpg that shows how to do it.

Last edited:

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is this working or not?
You've disabled the boost, and you're adding a pedal to get "nice lead tones"?
High volume makes it squeal?
Pic is gone?
:scratch:

PelliX

Reaction score
I know i said i'd stop posting because some here feel that would be preferable, and i will. But there are others here who haven't voiced that they feel that way and i'd like to help them if this idea can. Then i'll go away but this will be my last post.

Interesting way to start a thread, shame you didn't provide the link to the juicy details.

As for the mod, sure that will work, but for fawk's sake at least shrinktube it or something... :bump:

EDIT: I must be bored, and looked it up. So you bumped in to Solar... get over it. Nobody likes someone who's trying to get attention. Well, except if they have mods, guitars or gear to brag about. I mean "demonstrate". :applause:

daz

Reaction score
He removed the gutshots... daz not good. Geddit... :rofl:

@solarburnDSL50 I sometimes marvel at your capacity to sum up everything that everyone is thinking in so few words. Bit rough around the edges, but clear as crystal. :cheers:
I did that for reasons i don't want to go into, but i will give the mod to anyone who wants it via PM. I'm just not gonna subject myself to criticism for just trying to help those who would like more drive from the preamp. If anyone wants to try it just PM me and i'll send you the details on a one wire mod for getting preamp overdrive with vintage output strat or teles.

PelliX

Reaction score
Made the pedal board for 5 pedals, then got a 6th and couldn't part with any of them.
I might make a new board, kinda bugs me too.

Still need to get around to my first. I've honestly never actually bothered with one. I have an FC-100 with the EV-5 pedal. Only other thing I used to use was a TS clone to kick the clean channel on my DSL's. Was thinking of making or getting a flightcase cut out for just that. Footcontroller, expression pedal and room for one BOSS pedal (SD-1, whatnot) in case. No unpacking, just lay down, lid off, plug in, done.

PelliX

Reaction score
I did that for reasons i don't want to go into, but i will give the mod to anyone who wants it via PM. I'm just not gonna subject myself to criticism for just trying to help those who would like more drive from the preamp. If anyone wants to try it just PM me and i'll send you the details on a one wire mod for getting preamp overdrive with vintage output strat or teles.

Dude, relax. You haven't hear criticism till you've talked to my ex. :bump:

Post what you want to post. I for one always support gutshots - in fact, I encourage 'em. Up to you. :shrug:

fitz288

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
PM me for mod if you want and i'll PM u the jpg
tenor.gif