HELP with Marshall "Echohead" delay pedal

Discussion in 'The Tone Zone' started by Tom Rossiter, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Tom Rossiter

Tom Rossiter New Member

Here is my sad story. Two weeks ago I purchased from Ebay a Marshall Echohead delay pedal for $85. The pedal looked to be in new condition with box and manual. When I received the pedal it worked great and I loved the sound and clean delay. The other day the pedal started to get noisy when you turn up the "Level" control. The noise is a sporadic white crackling noise that is low level in the background and also on the secondary decay end of the notes or chords.

I really like this pedal and hope it can be repaired. Has anyone else experienced this problem with the Echohead pedals? Is there a place in the USA that would be able to repair the Marshall pedals for a reasonable fee?

Thanks.

2. Bluemoon78

Bluemoon78 Active Member

Are you using a battery or mains? Delays can sounds like this with a low battery.

El Gringo likes this.
  3. Tom Rossiter

Tom Rossiter New Member

The battery was brand new....and only used in the delay for about 1 hour. Its possible its the battery, I can try a new one and see. I do need to find a 9v adapter.

Thanks

El Gringo likes this.
  4. Tom Rossiter

Tom Rossiter New Member

Bluemoon78, thank you so much, it was the battery! It was at 8volts. Maybe these delay is a power hog since this battery only lasted 2 hrs. The pedal does have 2 circuit boards.

El Gringo and Bluemoon78 like this.