Help with JMP 2203 mod

Discussion in 'The Workbench' started by juxjux, Jan 13, 2020.

1. juxjux

juxjux New Member

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum. I searched and didn't find any relevant information.
    I have a 1979 JMP 2203 head in great condition, it has a footswitch mod. Basically, it has double pre-amp and master volume pots so you can have 2 different level settings and switch it using a footswitch. Please see pics attached. Since I'm not that into older and vintage amps, I originally thought the amp is fully original. The mod has been really nicely done. Does anyone have any more info about this mod and how it would affect the price of the amp?
    Thanks and best regards :)

wp1898415.jpg s-l16008.jpg s-l16005.jpg s-l16006.jpg wp1846158.jpg s-l16003.jpg

2. StingRay85

StingRay85 Active Member

Welcome to the forum

That's quite a mod right there, but it looks reversible and most importantly no additional holes in the front. Normally a mod like this decreases value.

3. juxjux

juxjux New Member

Is there any way of acknowledging who did this mod or how is it called?

4. South Park

South Park Well-Known Member

Does the amp sound good . Does the seller know what was done. What do you want to do with it

5. Matthews Guitars

Matthews Guitars Well-Known Member

It's been modded so it's worthless. Send it to me for proper disposal.

JK.

Actually that mod is very well implemented. The stacked volume controls are a slick touch. Whomever did this mod has a lot of respect for classic Marshalls and took pains to avoid permanent changes to the chassis. And his workmanship is quite good.

If it works well for you and sounds good, leave it. If you really want to restore it to stock, you've got a good unit to do that to.

6. juxjux

juxjux New Member

Thanks for the answers guys. It really sounds great and the mod has been done professionally. Unfortunately I can't use this amp properly (I hardly play anymore) so it's going to sale. Check it out in the classified section :)