Help Wiring 4×12

Discussion in 'Cabinets & Speakers' started by rafalynch, Dec 5, 2021.

1. rafalynch

rafalynch Active Member

Hello, I would like to wire my Marshall 4 × 12 cabinet with greenback at 16ohm with two inputs, one at 16ohmn for the plexi head and another input at 4 ohm to be able to use the cabinet with a Fender Bassman. Is it possible to do the wiring with two Jack inputs on the rear panel? I have seen in Google a map but with a switch, but I was wondering if it could be done without it since I am not interested in the 8 ohm stereo connection Thank you

2. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Gold Supporting Member

rafalynch likes this.
  3. rafalynch

rafalynch Active Member

Fitz288 Thank you very much for your help, I would like to be able to do the wiring myself without buying the Jack plate, if possible

fitz288 likes this.
  4. fitz288

fitz288 Well-Known Yinzer Gold Supporting Member

I'm all for DIY :D, but to do what you want, you'll need some switching jacks or a switch, and enough wires to basically do most of the circuitry on that jack plate board.
    You need to somehow break the series connection to go between series/parallel to all parallel.
    For about $20, that plug-n-play kit from T&M is in and of itself, a price that's hard to beat. :shrug:

rafalynch and PelliX like this.
  5. rafalynch

rafalynch Active Member

Yes, you are right, it is the simplest and in the end the most practical. I will buy the Jack plate already with the connections made. Thank you

fitz288 likes this.