Hello from Ohio!

Greywolf74

Reaction score
Just started learning to play guitar even though my best years are behind me at this point. I was a bit of a dream of mine to play guitar when I was a teenager because I have a real love of music but like a lot of dreams you have when youre young it kinda got left in the dirt because I never really had the opportunity when I was young. I decided to resurrect that dream and even though I'll never play in a band, or at least highly unlikely, Ive been having fun just trying to strum cords and buy all the kickass music gear I wanted as a kid. Honestly I dont even care if I never learn how to play, its been fun just learning about gear and buying a bunch of stuff I could only dream of when I was young. :)

That being said so far Ive bought a MA100H head and a VS412 cab. (Dont hate! lol) I also have a a Fender M-80 Pro head and a Fender GE-412 but only cuz a buddy of mine gave it to me for next to nothing and I thought the head was cool cuz its vintage 80s, even if it is SS lol. I have an '89 BC Rich 620ST, a Jackson JS22, and a Squire Strat and a whole bunch of pedals to get me started. I already have a pedal fetish lol.

I generally listen to rock, metal, and some blues but I like almost any genre if the mood strikes me right. Even country, rap, and opera. I just like music period for the most part. That being said Im not big on jazz for some reason. At any rate, thanks for having me!

Central Scrutinizer

Reaction score
Welcome!

My wife is originally a Buckeye, ya want her back?

Don’t be ashamed of your gear if you like it. I look at gear like I did beer in my youth, quantity not quality!

Redguitar

Reaction score
Welcome! Nowadays I live in the county just north of Dayton (where I did my "growing up").

aikiguy

Reaction score
Good for you! Learning to play later in life! I think that’s awesome, and to be honest, more people should get of their butts and do the same thing!

For what it’s worth, I’ve been playing my whole life, but honestly, my best learning has come in the most recent years. I truly don’t think it’s ever too late… it only makes you even cooler….

\m/\m/

Greywolf74

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. So far ppl have been very helpful here and I appreciate that. Lotta buckeyes in here :)