Headed back down to Mexico way

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
wow thats kinda sudden. hope its a good move for you folks.
This has been in the works for the past few months, been busy working, saving money and building a new friendship/relationship with the mother of my son. Right now she kinda realizes she needs my help with the baby and I need my son and he needs his father. I am excited to be with my son and curious to see how it works out with his mother and I.

Thank you all for the prayers, wishes and positive words!

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Is your son an American or Mexican national? Only curious from a legal standpoint. I'm guessing he was born in Mexico?

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind and supporting words!

Yeah, no, I am definitley NOT selling my Marshalls or any of my gear. I am storing it all at my parent's until I have a better idea on what direction my life is going. If it looks like I'll be living there for the foreseeable future, I'll fetch my gear... I will miss it in the meantime, I cant deny that.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind and supporting words!

Yeah, no, I am definitley NOT selling my Marshalls or any of my gear. I am storing it all at my parent's until I have a better idea on what direction my life is going. If it looks like I'll be living there for the foreseeable future, I'll fetch my gear... I will miss it in the meantime, I cant deny that.

I can help you with some gear insights here. there are things that you can find at amazing prices, specially used.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
thought white folks were having "issues" down there right now?

It all kinda depends on where your located, I have never felt in danger down there in the 3 years I lived there. Definitely a little more crime, having common sense and using situational awareness is a must. I feel more threatened by the tweakers roaming the streets here in the US.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
I can't say anything about baja california. there are places there that are super calm, and others that don't. but as Mexico City goes, it's like any other mega city. there are places you can be chilled, others that you must be aware and others that you should avoid at all costs. it's a matter of getting the information and living inside some sort of awareness bubble.

I came from Rio, which is no example of safety and I feel pretty much confortable here. actually I feel safer most of the time.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
I can't say anything about baja california. there are places there that are super calm, and others that don't. but as Mexico City goes, it's like any other mega city. there are places you can be chilled, others that you must be aware and others that you should avoid at all costs. it's a matter of getting the information and living inside some sort of awareness bubble.

I came from Rio, which is no example of safety and I feel pretty much confortable here. actually I feel safer most of the time.

Yeah it's like that thru Baja and Sonora, you have some places very calm, some places not so much. The city I lived and returning to was very calm up until about a year ago, even then I still never found myself in a situation I felt unsafe or vulnerable. I have had way sketchier situations happen to me in my home town in the US then I ever did living in Mexico. I feel more in danger in Seattle (nearest big city). My experience is 99% of people want to live in peace and harmony just like anyone else, the people of Mexico are extremely welcoming, friendly and neighborly.

For the record, I'll have internet of course so I'll still be here. Just felt like sharing the news, my situation isnt common and many have found it very interesting both in the US and Mexico.

Maggot Brain

Reaction score
I purchased my ticket, I arrive next week. I cant wait to see my son and his mother again... I am NOT excited about the heat down there.

Also you guys need to start fighting over who gets my gear if I am ever offed by narcos.

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
I purchased my ticket, I arrive next week. I cant wait to see my son and his mother again... I am NOT excited about the heat down there.

Also you guys need to start fighting over who gets my gear if I am ever offed by narcos.

I´m in Tuxpan (Veracruz) returning to mexico city today. I´ll tell you the heat is horrible right now. It´s like living inside the devil´s arm pit.

Latest posts